Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Dornier DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

I was searching the forums earlier for feedback and was surprised to see the lack of anything on the forums regarding this ugly duckling. Looking forward to see what the early adopters have to say.

Seems the media blitz by Carenado was a bit more than usual (more photos, a couple of pre-release videos, including one about engine management), so hopefully they put more effort into the flight dynamics and systems for this one than they usually do on a 1.0 plane.

I was searching the forums earlier for feedback and was surprised to see the lack of anything on the forums regarding this ugly duckling. Looking forward to see what the early adopters have to say.

Check out

http://www.airdailyx.net/

• Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

It needs to go back in the oven. There is a bunch of broken animations etc. None of the AP buttons illuminate or move so the only way you can tell is to mouse over and look at the tooltip..fire extinguisher handles just spin around and around and do nothing.

• Upvote 3

It needs to go back in the oven. There is a bunch of broken animations etc. None of the AP buttons illuminate or move so the only way you can tell is to mouse over and look at the tooltip..fire extinguisher handles just spin around and around and do nothing.

Was this your experience after purchasing or based on others? Was this in P3D or in FSX? IMO, Carenado hasn't quite figured out how to build planes for P3D, so unless this was with FSX, I have less concerns than others would.

Was this your experience after purchasing or based on others? Was this in P3D or in FSX? IMO, Carenado hasn't quite figured out how to build planes for P3D, so unless this was with FSX, I have less concerns than others would.

I just bought it, P3DV3. That's after only a few minutes of playing around...Going to see if it works better in FSX:SE

Typical Carenado then. I was hoping they had changed their act, I should have known better.

I guess I will move on to spend my money else where.

It's possible that something is wrong on my end but i highly doubt it as every other aircraft I own works and it's broke in P3D and FSX.

The radios etc don't work either , only the steam gauges. Disappointing to say the least.

It's possible that something is wrong on my end but i highly doubt it as every other aircraft I own works and it's broke in P3D and FSX.

The radios etc don't work either , only the steam gauges. Disappointing to say the least.

Hoping this is an issue at your end.  Not meaning to wish that on you however I know Carenado are renowned for pushing out bugged software however I've never come across them being this bad.  To release the product without radios working is strange even for them.

Jas

Hi all, in addition to all said, when you install the GTN the aircraft loads up and moves on a cold & dark state, and so farm I haven't found the way to find a battery switch or something to light up this beast.

As always with Carenado, seems that v1.1 is coming out pretty soon.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Aircraft works fine in P3Dv3.

Slayer, check that the master switch is on, it's on the right overhead panel (between BATT1 and BATT2).

Either I was very lucky or you are not in Ready to taxi. Or you have any other problem I can't figure out. AP buttons light normally here, wipers are also working as expected.

Did not try any cold&dark start up yet, though.

5YILj8l.jpg

Aircraft works fine in P3Dv3.

Slayer, check that the master switch is on, it's on the right overhead panel (between BATT1 and BATT2).

Thanks for the heads up. That master switch is really located below the BATT1 & BATT2 lateral switches, just bellow a white push button. Things are getting better now.

Cheers, Ed

Had to edit the panel for GTN to allow the second GTN unit to pop-up. Original install just allow the top unit to pop-up.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi guys

I am thinking of getting this today. Anyone who has it, any chance of a quick review or a recommendation or not to buy.

Many thanks

John