Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Dornier DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Hi all. Second GTN unit (located on pedestal, lower part) does not pop-up using the GTN stack. Tried to edit the panel.CFG file but no luck. If someone is succesfull let us know, please.

Cheers, Ed

Hi all. Finally had some luck to make all the GTN units to pop-up. After installing the GTN in place of the default GNS, using the installer tool provided by Carenado, add the following lines to your panel.CFG (complete Windows08 section):

[Window08]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=937,887
ident=14402
window_pos= 0.660, 0.160
window_size= 0.340, 0.580
zorder=99
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT2.POP
gauge01=DO228CAR!ToggleGTN750,             100,0,737,50

With this addition, you'll be able to make the second GTN unit (the one located to the lower part of the pedestal) to pop-up in 2D by selecting it from the GTN stack.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

so hopefully they put more effort into the flight dynamics and systems for this one than they usually do on a 1.0 plane.

I hate to get on a bashing train, but do they ever? People hope for this every time they release something, and it never happens.

Wipers started working after that annoying popup vanished and I restarted my system. Can't still seem to make the fire handles work although I got 1 to trigger somehow I can't duplicate it. The handles just spin and spin, cant make them pull out. Still a ton of animations missing like on the master caution and warning buttons. The middle Bendix King radio has 2d flat buttons, looks like FS 2004.....

Following this thread but holding on to my wallet for the time being at least; It looks like it would make a great addition to my Air Hauler 2 marketplace.

RE Thomason Jr.

Wipers started working after that annoying popup vanished and I restarted my system. Can't still seem to make the fire handles work although I got 1 to trigger somehow I can't duplicate it. The handles just spin and spin, cant make them pull out. Still a ton of animations missing like on the master caution and warning buttons. The middle Bendix King radio has 2d flat buttons, looks like FS 2004.....

The (annoying) popup screen automatically vanishes after few minutes. As someone pointed out, you can simply deactivate that window in the panel.cfg.  Anyway, I only had this problem at the first launch, not later and I did not change a thing in the panel file.

All switches and button appear to work properly here, including wipers and fire handles. I have just completed the Cold&Dark procedure without problems. After firing up the engines, remember to activate the Radio Master switch on the pedestal to have avionic turned on.

richie894, on 07 Sept 2016 - 01:20 AM, said:

Typical Carenado then. I was hoping they had changed their act, I should have known better.

I guess I will move on to spend my money else where.

lol, after every Carenado release there is invariably a post with these exact words. Without fail, every single time.

• Upvote 2

Let's put on our reading glasses because the popup has a little cross in the left upper corner.

I deleted it from my system. I think the MU2 from Flysimware is much more interesting and versatile (also with GTN integration and REX/Milviz weather radar.

• Upvote 1

RobdeVries.jpg

The (annoying) popup screen automatically vanishes after few minutes. As someone pointed out, you can simply deactivate that window in the panel.cfg.  Anyway, I only had this problem at the first launch, not later and I did not change a thing in the panel file.

All switches and button appear to work properly here, including wipers and fire handles. I have just completed the Cold&Dark procedure without problems. After firing up the engines, remember to activate the Radio Master switch on the pedestal to have avionic turned on.

For me it's working very well, too. Only thing, apart from that annoying popup screen that vanishes after 5 minutes (no need to edit the panel.CFG to get rid of it), I had to do was to add the [Windows08] section on the panel.CFG after it was modified for the installation of the two (yes, two -2-) GTN750 units, to allow both units to independently pop-up (in 2D of course) using the GTN stack (see one of my previous posts in this same forum thread). I think yesterday people was a bit anxious to have it working, so we omitted certain steps.

Another good one by Carenado!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For me it's working very well, too. Only thing, apart from that annoying popup screen that vanishes after 5 minutes (no need to edit the panel.CFG to get rid of it), I had to do was to add the [Windows08] section on the panel.CFG after it was modified for the installation of the two (yes, two -2-) GTN750 units, to allow both units to independently pop-up (in 2D of course) using the GTN stack (see one of my previous posts in this same forum thread). I think yesterday people was a bit anxious to have it working, so we omitted certain steps.

Another good one by Carenado!.

Cheers, Ed

I have just performed an RNAV approach and so far everything worked fine with the AP. ALT SEL and NAV functions worked as expected.

Only thing I could not have working was the Synchophaser button. Have you tried to use it there? Not sure whether it's me who's doing something wrong or it is not really modeled, but I could not have it working in any way. That's surprising, because I recall it is modeled on the F406 and maybe on other products as well.

As far as GTN2 is concerned. Can you have both GTNs syncronized? The problem with the GTN panel is that you completely lose the FMS and, as a result, any VNAV function. I am considering reinstating the normal GNS panel because of this.

Only thing I could not have working was the Synchophaser button. Have you tried to use it there? Not sure whether it's me who's doing something wrong or it is not really modeled, but I could not have it working in any way. That's surprising, because I recall it is modeled on the F406 and maybe on other products as well.

No, I haven't tried it yet.

As far as GTN2 is concerned. Can you have both GTNs syncronized? The problem with the GTN panel is that you completely lose the FMS and, as a result, any VNAV function. I am considering reinstating the normal GNS panel because of this.

What I normally do with two GTNs is to use the primary to control the lateral navigation, and the second one (or secondary) to find waypoints, nearest airports, etc., and most importantly to look at the charts and procedures in preparation for the next steps during the flight operations. It's true that you cannot control the vertical mode if you loose the FMC, but for me that is not much important, since you still have the AP to set the VS and ALTSEL.

I was trying to use two different setups of the Do228, one with the default FMC and another one with the GTN, but I was just thinking on how I could do it, since the GTN installer changes not only the panel.CFG file but also the model folder. Have still to figure it out.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

My first impressions of the DO 228 are very positive. I want to fly it some more before I make a final judgement. I really like the way it feels. It has good STOL  characteristics. It gets in and out of 2B2 Plum Island easily.

Ed

Copy your model folder and name it model.750. Run the configuration tool for the Carenado 530. Copy that model folder and name it model.530. Do the same for the panel files. In the aircraft cfg, use model=530 and panel.530 for the original FMS version. Use the Model=750 and panel=750 for the GTN 750 version. I have not done this yet but it should work.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I was trying to use two different setups of the Do228, one with the default FMC and another one with the GTN, but I was just thinking on how I could do it, since the GTN installer changes not only the panel.CFG file but also the model folder. Have still to figure it out.

Well, that's the easiest part. I do this standard procedure for any new Carenado aircraft supporting GTN as optional. You can have both panels installed and apply the panel you like to any texture you like.

1. Uninstall the product. For added security, completely remove the aicraft folder manually.

2. Reinstall it as usual.

3. Once installed, go to the main aircraft folder. Copy the "panel" folder (which by default contains the GNS+FMS option) and paste it to any other location, for example Desktop.

4. Now, go back to the aircraft main folder and launch the GTN plug-in installer, named "F1GTN750DO228". This action will change the "panel" folder. All your liveries will have the GTN option installed now.

5. Change the name of the folder from "panel" to any other name, for example "panel.GTN".

6. Now take the original folder you previously dropped on your Desktop and paste it into the aircraft main folder.

This way, you have both options installed. Go to your aircraft.cfg file and apply the GTN option to the liveries you want it to be added. Nothing equals GNS+FMS (default). "panel.GTN" equals that texture will be loaded with GTN.

Hope this helps.

Well, that's the easiest part. I do this standard procedure for any new Carenado aircraft supporting GTN as optional. You can have both panels installed and apply the panel you like to any texture you like.

1. Uninstall the product. For added security, completely remove the aicraft folder manually.

2. Reinstall it as usual.

3. Once installed, go to the main aircraft folder. Copy the "panel" folder (which by default contains the GNS+FMS option) and paste it to any other location, for example Desktop.

4. Now, go back to the aircraft main folder and launch the GTN plug-in installer, named "F1GTN750DO228". This action will change the "panel" folder. All your liveries will have the GTN option installed now.

5. Change the name of the folder from "panel" to any other name, for example "panel.GTN".

6. Now take the original folder you previously dropped on your Desktop and paste it into the aircraft main folder.

This way, you have both options installed. Go to your aircraft.cfg file and apply the GTN option to the liveries you want it to be added. Nothing equals GNS+FMS (default). "panel.GTN" equals that texture will be loaded with GTN.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I agree this seems to be the correct procedure, but as I was trying to say before, in this case (I don't know if in other cases as well), the Carenado's panel GTN installer also modifies the "model" folder (as far as I could see when using it), so for sure we'll need to copy the original "model" folder to the other location too, as with the original "panel" folder. If you try the procedure please let me know the outcome. I'll try this when the next version (for sure it will, as always with Carenado, even if in this case v1.0 works pretty well) namely v1.1 is released and we'll have to uninstall completely.

Cheers, Ed

My first impressions of the DO 228 are very positive. I want to fly it some more before I make a final judgement. I really like the way it feels. It has good STOL  characteristics. It gets in and out of 2B2 Plum Island easily.

Ed

Copy your model folder and name it model.750. Run the configuration tool for the Carenado 530. Copy that model folder and name it model.530. Do the same for the panel files. In the aircraft cfg, use model=530 and panel.530 for the original FMS version. Use the Model=750 and panel=750 for the GTN 750 version. I have not done this yet but it should work.

Greg

Hi Greg. I agree, it should work that way. Thanks so much.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Yes, I agree this seems to be the correct procedure, but as I was trying to say before, in this case (I don't know if in other cases as well), the Carenado's panel GTN installer also modifies the "model" folder (as far as I could see when using it), so for sure we'll need to copy the original "model" folder to the other location too, as with the original "panel" folder. If you try the procedure please let me know the outcome. I'll try this when the next version (for sure it will, as always with Carenado, even if in this case v1.0 works pretty well) namely v1.1 is released and we'll have to uninstall completely.

Ed, out of curiosity, I decided to try your procedure and yes, you are right. The GTN plugin actually changes the "Dornier_interior.MDL" file too within the "model" folder, not only the "panel" folder. I checked this with a file compare tool and it really reports a different size between both "Dornier_interior.MDL" files.

Take the same procedure as descrived above and apply the same to the "model" folder. In the aircraft.cfg file all textures with

model=

panel=

will have the default GNS+FMS option. All textures with

model=GTN

panel=GTN

will have the GTN panel and model loaded. Obviously you can change GTN with whatever you like.