Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Dornier DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Ed, out of curiosity, I decided to try your procedure and yes, you are right. The GTN plugin actually changes the "Dornier_interior.MDL" file too within the "model" folder, not only the "panel" folder. I checked this with a file compare tool and it really reports a different size between both "Dornier_interior.MDL" files.

Take the same procedure as descrived above and apply the same to the "model" folder. In the aircraft.cfg file all textures with

model=

panel=

will have the default GNS+FMS option. All textures with

model=GTN

panel=GTN

will have the GTN panel and model loaded. Obviously you can change GTN with whatever you like.

Agreed on this. Thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The FMS automatically loads your sim flight plan.
This is what i found when loading the aircraft with my usual LOWILOWS01 flight plan:

pwpGasp.jpg

I have just performed an RNAV approach and so far everything worked fine with the AP. ALT SEL and NAV functions worked as expected.

Only thing I could not have working was the Synchophaser button. Have you tried to use it there? Not sure whether it's me who's doing something wrong or it is not really modeled, but I could not have it working in any way. That's surprising, because I recall it is modeled on the F406 and maybe on other products as well.

As far as GTN2 is concerned. Can you have both GTNs syncronized? The problem with the GTN panel is that you completely lose the FMS and, as a result, any VNAV function. I am considering reinstating the normal GNS panel because of this.

I flew the bird a little last night with both GTN's showing up on the centre pedestal.  I simply ran the installer for the GTN option and it works like a charm, no need at my end to muck around with panel configs.  They are synced as well.  Load a flightplan on the bottom GTN and your path is shown on the top GTN.  All good.

Jas 

I flew the bird a little last night with both GTN's showing up on the centre pedestal.  I simply ran the installer for the GTN option and it works like a charm, no need at my end to muck around with panel configs.  They are synced as well.  Load a flightplan on the bottom GTN and your path is shown on the top GTN.  All good.

Jas 

Yes,

I guess the problem of the failed GTN sync was due to the fact I was using an hybrid configuration: panel modified for with GTN, but original model. Ad explained in my post above, the GTN plugin modifies both the "panel" and the "model" folders.

I am using the default config with GNS and FMS now and I am really liking the fact that your sim flight plan is automatically imported into your FMS at loading. On the other side, I had a strange problem with the transponder. I made a test with Pro/ATC/X and was asked to set the squawk code, but never got it acknowledged. I tried all possible switch positions, at no avail. Would you mind test this on your side?

Thx

I have flown 6.5 hrs in the DO 228. I really like this aircraft. It captured the RNAV LPV approach to RW 04 at KBHB just fine. I have been it and out of 2B2 Plum Island, TFFJ St Bart's and SABA, it is a true STOL aircraft. I can easily get 190 KIAS cruise. I have not found anything that does not work as it should yet. I think Carenado did a very good job on this one.

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Could this be a turning point for Carenado releases, or are we still in the honeymoon phase and something critically wrong has yet to be discovered?

It's been many years since I've bought a Carenado product, but this one really has my interest.  I've had the PMDG J41 for years, and as great as it is, I could never appreciate the engine sounds.  They just don't sound right to my ear, and I think the 228 has a more familiar sound that would satisfy.  Anyone care to comment on the sound package as a whole?  

Could this be a turning point for Carenado releases, or are we still in the honeymoon phase and something critically wrong has yet to be discovered?

Truth is probably halfway from both ends.

I think that this model has some minor bugs, but in general my impression is so far quite positive. I really enjoyed the aircraft so far and I hope that 1.1 will fix the rest.

Some remarks.

The VNAV button does not work (confirmed by Carenado), but with NAV active the FMS follows the altitudes entered in the FPL page. So, VNAV is officially not implemented, yet it basically works.

I am still waiting for confirmations for my transponder issue from other users. Carenado answered that, if confirmed, they will address it in 1.1.

Jas 

That is really puzzling, since Flight1 claims that they do not support crossfill across multiple units...

Unless, what you've got is two copies of the same GTN  :hi:

Bert

That is really puzzling, since Flight1 claims that they do not support crossfill across multiple units...

Unless, what you've got is two copies of the same GTN  :hi:

Hmmmm.  Not sure.  All I did was install the GTN via the carenado .exe.  I entered a simple flight plan from ENNK to ENTC on the bottom GTN and the flight path appeared in the top GTN.

Jas

Unless, what you've got is two copies of the same GTN :hi:

Most likely.

Hmmmm. Not sure. All I did was install the GTN via the carenado .exe. I entered a simple flight plan from ENNK to ENTC on the bottom GTN and the flight path appeared in the top GTN.

Hello Jas

Bert is correct; F1 GTN's currently do not support crosfill.

(They said if it is ever implemented they would probably charge for it)

Check your panel.cfg file and seek for the GTN entries, UNIT1 & UNIT2

Most likely.

Hello Jas

Bert is correct; F1 GTN's currently do not support crosfill.

(They said if it is ever implemented they would probably charge for it)

Check your panel.cfg file and seek for the GTN entries, UNIT1 & UNIT2

Will do.  I will have a look tonight after work and report back.

Jas

Hi All

The technical ability shown here is well beyond me but could a lesser mortal ask for help?

All I want is my GNS530 Garmin to display in the cockpit.

I can display it as Shift+3 as a pop up window and I can even switch the pop up display off from the cockpit panel on/off switch but it does not display at all

Ran the Configurator but no joy

Nice plane otherwise

Help!

xxd09

All I want is my GNS530 Garmin to display in the cockpit.

I can display it as Shift+3 as a pop up window and I can even switch the pop up display off from the cockpit panel on/off switch but it does not display at all

I am not sure I get you right. Are you comfortable posting a screenshot?

It's been many years since I've bought a Carenado product, but this one really has my interest.  I've had the PMDG J41 for years, and as great as it is, I could never appreciate the engine sounds.  They just don't sound right to my ear, and I think the 228 has a more familiar sound that would satisfy.  Anyone care to comment on the sound package as a whole?  

I've never flown a DO228 in real life but the sound sounds not too bad to me.

Real Deraps