Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Dornier DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Curt,
the default installation creates a panel with GNS530 + FMS. If you want two GTNs instead, just run that launcher, but keep in mind that this will also remove the FMS.
You want a double installation, proceed as per post 30.

Hi barrel_owl

Carenado support suggested Master and Battery switch to on(overhead panel-left hand side)

That fixed it and now have a GNS 530 live display in the cockpit

Thanks for your help

xxd09

Hi barrel_owl

Correction-overhead panel-right hand side

Sorry

xxd09

• Upvote 1

I was flying this Dornier last night and just love it.  It feels and handles like a Cessna 172 on steroids  :smile:

• Upvote 1

What is your opinion on this sound package?

I downloaded 1.1 and decided to give thar sound pack a try. I am really impressed. Fuel pump, spooling and external sounds appear to me as much more realistic for a TPE331.

Again, this is a layman opinion. But for what my opinion is worth, I strongly recommend it.

I downloaded 1.1 and decided to give thar sound pack a try. I am really impressed. Fuel pump, spooling and external sounds appear to me as much more realistic for a TPE331.

Again, this is a layman opinion. But for what my opinion is worth, I strongly recommend it.

v1.1?. I only found v1.0 in the Avsim library. Could you give us the link to try this v1.1 set, please?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

v1.1?. I only found v1.0 in the Avsim library. Could you give us the link to try this v1.1 set, please?

Cheers, Ed

1.1 is Carenado's today Do228 patch. The sound pack is a completely separated piece.

Sorry for misleading you.

1.1 is Carenado's today Do228 patch. The sound pack is a completely separated piece.

Sorry for misleading you.

No problem, I'm a bit slow today (as well as yesterday!), figured out what you're saying after I read another post here announcing Do228 v1.1 release earlier today!. Downloading now!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Has anybody else had problems with the throttles? For me I'll be trying to taxi after start up and for some reason one throttle will move forward and the other will come up but then go straight back to idle. I have even gone back to cold and dark after the incident and done a ctrl E start and the problem still happens. So far the only fix is a restart of P3D.

[/quote

Did you figure out your issue with the throttles? I seen to have the same issue you have. Followed the

Video tutorial. Also in P3D version 3.4. Thanks. Carlos.

Has anybody else had problems with the throttles? For me I'll be trying to taxi after start up and for some reason one throttle will move forward and the other will come up but then go straight back to idle. I have even gone back to cold and dark after the incident and done a ctrl E start and the problem still happens. So far the only fix is a restart of P3D.

[/quote

Did you figure out your issue with the throttles? I seen to have the same issue you have. Followed the

Video tutorial. Also in P3D version 3.4. Thanks. Carlos.

According to the Manual this is caused by the Startlock system the Do228 uses. It will be deactivated by pushing back the throttles to reverse and INMEDIATELY pushed them forward to idle.

Good luck.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Yes I agree is related to the Startlock system described in the video tutorial. But with the plane cold & dark the right side throttle lever moves by itself forward ! Once engines started the same issue persist. I use FSUIPC to assign axis and calibrate them. FSX controls are uncheck so there is no interference with FSUIPC control.. Any suggestions ? Thanks Carlos...

Yes I agree is related to the Startlock system described in the video tutorial. But with the plane cold & dark the right side throttle lever moves by itself forward ! Once engines started the same issue persist. I use FSUIPC to assign axis and calibrate them. FSX controls are uncheck so there is no interference with FSUIPC control.. Any suggestions ? Thanks Carlos...

I used FSUIPC in the past for that and now I assign and calibrate my flight controls directly into P3D or in the controls software interface. Seems to me is more reliable.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Do you still think the issue I just described is related to the Startlocks ? 

If you tried removing the Starlock using the procedure indicated in the Carenado video, I think your problem is more related to your controls setup.

Try bypassing FSUIPC to test.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

The procedure is extremely easy if you simple move both levers to the full reverse position and then immediately after back to the Flight Idle position using your hardware or your mouse.

I have FSUIPC payware, but don't use it for this feature, since I have no hardware for levers yet. But I know from others threads that FSUIPC has a specific function for the control of Beta range. Check the forum or ask directly to Pete Dawson. Your problem seems to be related to an erratic FSUIPC setting.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is the first Carenado product I have owned. Is there some documentation that describes all the procedures for this aircraft? Startup, cruise, etc? I have viewed the videos mentioned above and read the documentation that came with the product and can't find what I am looking for. Maybe I am spoiled by the folks at A2A?

Thanks in advance,

Sion