Fatback

CS-737 Ver 1.7 and the V-One gauge

I thought the v-one gauge was include with version 1.7 of the 737? I can download and install from avsim but I'm afraid I don't have the latest version of the aircraft. If it's not included no sweat I'll just install it. Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Fatback, just a thought, why are you and I searching for this gauge? is it because the PDCS which has a fault, still has the same fault! a fault that CS recognised and advised it's forum members it was going to fix "in the next update" way back in 2012! I have just bought this add on and am pretty disappointed that without an external app I have no way of calculating the trim or V1 VR or V2 all of which are very basic requirements.

mog

Manual install of what? I'm willing to try anything but you must consider I am using FSX on Windows 10.

mog

Ah! I understand, I was referring  to the PDCS which, reading previous entries on their forum, hasn't worked since 2012! and in spite of them saying " it's in the next update" still hasn't been fixed!

Yes I believe the V1 gauge does fix the problem but I am still annoyed that I have bought a lame duck! which requires an app. created by a third party, to work.

Ok ###### over, does the V1 gauge tell you the trim position? since the FSX one is as good as a chocolate fireguard. I gather it tells you the bug settings for take off and landing?

In fact that's another ######, what's with this ACE thing? you alter the load and pax arrangement and it has no effect as far as I can see.

I'm starting to wish I had bought the Milviz 737, the graphics aren't as good but at least it's a complete package!

That's interesting, I used the word B***H and it was removed, interesting because it's in the Oxford English Dictionary as an expression of disgust  when used in that context.

mog

You need to reload the aircraft for the ACE pax & cargo settings to take effect.This causes the aircraft to read the updated station_load entries aircraft.cfg file.

Yes agreed, the lack of at least a representative V1 VR V2 reference chart is a huge omission from an otherwise great product. What on earth were they thinking?

I found this very surprising and had to search extensively online to source a QRH.

http://portal.flightopps.com/2016/12/08/b737-200-publications/

The V-one gauge by Paul Tally is terrific.

regards,

Jonathan Fyfe

https://jf737ngx.wordpress.com/

• Upvote 1

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the link to those B737-200A publications!

Cheers,

Scott