Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

2016 NFL season flights: its Time!

1.) Pick a realistic GA Aircraft (Single Pilot Cert. Only) that can carry you and your family/friends to all the away games of your favorite team.

2.) Plan to arrive at least three hours before game time.

3.) Use only the plane you picked for first flight for all flights.

4.) Use real weather. Use real time (no slewing). Flight can be flown after the game with historic weather.

5.) IFR or VFR. If VFR, stick to all the VFR limits, including restricted air space rules, MOA's, etc.

6.) Post Pics and flight plan in the gallery after the flight.

7.) Airport should be as close to the stadium as possible.

8.) Return flight next day or after game.

My first flight will be Washington Redskins vs. NY Giants, Sep 25th @ 1pm EST. Because the Mid Atlantic is such a cluster, most, if not all of my flights, will be IFR. I have a London game this year too, so that is a major trip.

Not sure who I would drag along.. Consider who you would take, and the realistic probability that they would go.. this is not meant to be akin to a "Virgin Atlantic" comfort trip, but something you can own and operate.

With that in mind, I have three planes in mind for me; Duke Turbine or TBM 850 (The Car). PC-12 (The Mini Van), or the KA-200/350 (The bus).

First trip plan: 22,000 ft, IFR. Wheels up @ 8am. KHEF. CSN. LDN. MRB. EMI. PTW. SBJ. KTEB

• Upvote 2