Sign in to follow this  
texerrn

beta testing by purchaser many issues

By now I should know better than buy a aircraft on first release!  i. I have a popup screen  telling me about how the knobs work. says it will go away in 5 minutes. There is no way to close this screen, X does not work. When i restarted the sim. here comes the popup screen for another 5 minutes. 

Can anyone explain why the altimeter has red and white bars. non functional

the autopilot just does not work, impossible to set, remains dark

I have only had thisproduct for 30 minutes. 

Check that the master switch is on, it's off by default. It's located on the right overhead panel between (and a little below, big T-switch) BATT1 and BATT2 switches.

• Upvote 1

The pop up screen behaved the same way, could not close it down. So I just ignored it, and after a few minutes it dissapeared by itself, haven't seen it since.

Will be interesting to see if they got the autopilot / GTN integration implemented correctly (this time..)

Bert

I know this probably a stupid question but.... I take it Carenado haven't bothered modelling the TPE331 engine (start locks, geared prop etc)? Does anyone know if any third parties planning to implement this  I appreciate that is a bit of an ask (given I know of only PMDG J41 and Aerosoft Bronco X that have done so previously)?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have to replenish my popcorn stock. This Dornier will be a funny one to follow.

So glad i stopped buying their... 'planes'.

• Upvote 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I dont know what the deal is with this company. Same every time. Their last release have a v 1.1 the same day as release.

Why do they release unfinished products every time??

Loving this aircraft. Everything came to life and ran as normal once that pop up disappeared.

Starting up from cold and dark works fine, vc and modelling superb and the two panel GTN 750's is a great option.

I can't work out why they did that with the pop up though.

Jas

Loving this aircraft. Everything came to life and ran as normal once that pop up disappeared.

Starting up from cold and dark works fine, vc and modelling superb and the two panel GTN 750's is a great option.

I can't work out why they did that with the pop up though.

Jas

Does the popup come on every time you load the aircraft or just the first time?

Tks

At least with me it comes up every time you switch from another plane to the Do, it even pops up when you switch between different liveries. I am too old for this crap and I don't want to wait everytime I use this "thing" for over 5 minutes before that pop-up disappears. And mind you, it's not a small one, it's fairly large and very annoying! 

Here is, how it looks:

a1.jpg

a.jpg

a2.jpg

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

It is written "This message will not appear at the beginning after the hour meter reaches 5 minutes." I'll see next flight if it's true. :smile:

Real Deraps

I know this probably a stupid question but.... I take it Carenado haven't bothered modelling the TPE331 engine (start locks, geared prop etc)? Does anyone know if any third parties planning to implement this  I appreciate that is a bit of an ask (given I know of only PMDG J41 and Aerosoft Bronco X that have done so previously)?

Supposedly they did.

It's very strange indeed, that they spend months modelling an aircraft but so little time actually checking that the most basic things are working properly. What's another few days extra before release when it's been in development for so long? Sloppy and arrogant are the words that comes to mind. Looks nice though.