Sign in to follow this  
texerrn

beta testing by purchaser many issues

I really want this aircraft but i'll not be buying until there are more satisfied reports coming in...seems to be a bit of a lemon at the moment :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Whoever dreamed up of that scheme for this Pop-up should be sent to Siberia for a few weeks.

Just deleted the option for that dreadful popup in the panel.cfg. That is the easy fix.

It is true about the 5 min delay, it disappears. (no need for the easy fix now)

However the a/c is beautiful and flies superb.

One should not be disturbed about such a small snag.

Pierre

Dear friends, I'm trying to turn off the engines , but the levers for cutting are not going back.

Does anybody knows what´s happening?

Dani

Dear friends, I'm trying to turn off the engines , but the levers for cutting are not going back.

• Upvote 1

Dani Glikmanas

P3D São Paulo - Brazil

If it's like the real aircraft, there is an interlock button that needs depressing before you can move the levers to cut off. You must engage reverse thrust as the props slow to ensure the props catch on the start locks.

• Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Supposedly they did.

Well what d'ya know? Very surprised at this! Thanks for the video link, most interesting, although I note they never once mentioned EGT :Thinking: And I wonder if failure to be on the start locks has consequences?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

If it's like the real aircraft, there is an interlock button that needs depressing before you can move the levers to cut off. You must engage reverse thrust as the props slow to ensure the props catch on the start locks.

Sorry, but I can't find this interlock button. Where is it?

Dani Glikmanas

P3D São Paulo - Brazil

Yes, I red yhe manual and followed the sequence but still is running.

Dani Glikmanas

P3D São Paulo - Brazil

@ Daniales,

The proper way to shut down this bird is to use the start switches. First make sure that the start mode switch ( the one between the two start switches) is in the ground position. Right click on one of the start switches so it goes to the off position and hold for a few seconds. Then as the engine winds down, below 35% RPM, I believe, move the power lever into the beta position (F2) and then back into Ground Idle. Your engine and prop will now be in the start lock position, ready for the next start. I saw a video in which the pilot shut down both engines at once and then moved both power levers into the beta position and then left them there. You can do this, too, but you have to press the start switches separately and then press F2 to move both levers back simultaneously.

After your next start, don't forget to move the power levers back into beta momentarily and then into GI, or you won't be able to advance the levers to full power (because they'd still be in start lock).

Good luck,

Tom

• Upvote 1

obnoxious pop screen has not reappeared. I have flown two great flights, Great model. Now I can endorse it. Carenado, when you read this, don't do this again. Poor marketing of a really great product. 

obnoxious pop screen has not reappeared. I have flown two great flights, Great model. Now I can endorse it. Carenado, when you read this, don't do this again. Poor marketing of a really great product. 

Like you, I love this aircraft.  Well done to Carenado but what were they thinking with the pop up??

Jas

I'm wondering if the pop up initializes something the first time you fly it? They have a similar pop up with some of their other AC which loads in new AIRAC data which could be easily missed if you changed views. Having an annoying popup to load something in the first 5 minutes ensures it loads properly. Just a hunch.

Just installed and flew Kingsford-Smith to Bathurst

No pop up screen, AP worked

quite like the AC so far

@ Daniales,

The proper way to shut down this bird is to use the start switches. First make sure that the start mode switch ( the one between the two start switches) is in the ground position. Right click on one of the start switches so it goes to the off position and hold for a few seconds. Then as the engine winds down, below 35% RPM, I believe, move the power lever into the beta position (F2) and then back into Ground Idle. Your engine and prop will now be in the start lock position, ready for the next start. I saw a video in which the pilot shut down both engines at once and then moved both power levers into the beta position and then left them there. You can do this, too, but you have to press the start switches separately and then press F2 to move both levers back simultaneously.

After your next start, don't forget to move the power levers back into beta momentarily and then into GI, or you won't be able to advance the levers to full power (because they'd still be in start lock).

Good luck,

Tom

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your help. I´ll try and come back to report my result.

Best Regards,

Dani

Dani Glikmanas

P3D São Paulo - Brazil

I have no idea what some of you are talking about.

The knobs screen appeared as usual.  I right clicked on it and "closed the window" immediately, it took me 0.5 seconds.  That's it, its gone and it hasn't yet reappeared, I have been flying it for over and hour this morning and so I guess the hour meter works.

I changed planes and then came back to it. No knobs window.  Too much over reaction on this one.

So far I really like how this plane flies, really like the interior "usage" feel, like the lighting, like the sounds.

Haven't yet tried the autopilot nor linking in the GTN.

I'm using a Saitek suite of throttle quad, rudder pedals, multi switch panel and yoke....everything is working perfectly that I can see so far....and I've clicked and pushed everything.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3