Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Coming soon: Ventura Sky for X-Plane 10.50

Here's a shot of the optimized night lighting, just a notch up from vanilla X-Plane.

747-400%20United_11.png?raw=1

From about 9500ft. Sky color is aligned with cloud lighting of SkyMaxx + RWC.

747-400%20United_10.png?raw=1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Good idea regarding killing ( useless ) reflections to enhance other aspects. I never really liked the way XP10 does it, and I am much more concerned with how weather is depicted.

Well.... Re-Installing XP10, even if just for this and to be able to test Zulfi's work ( mesh work .... Zulfi is Meshy these days.... )

I will not set the aircraft to some place, like Lisbon airport at civil twilight - that makes me delete it immediately after that :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I just installed "Beta2", however I'm getting this weird rolling fog in effect when the sim loads. After a few minutes the entire area is covered in fog. I can't take a screenshot because all you will be able to see is gray.

Only way i could get the noaa plugin to show with the plugins, was to change the file bellow from: 

self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', ‚float')

To: self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')

Is this not right? 

The rolling fog was a problem for me but that came in and disappeared after a few seconds. 

The rolling fog was a problem for me but that came in and disappeared after a few seconds.

The rolling fog issue does disappear for me after a few minutes, but I think this is a bug. This issue was not present in the previous version.

sorry not file but i guess i should have said line 106

i believe its working for me. I see the haze in the distance and my objects are now extreme. 50 to 60 fps. 

I'm going to wait for Beta 3. This version caused and immediate fogged in scenerio.

Does anyone else get a CTD when accessing a NOAA metar and taking a snapshot (SHIFT + SPACE)?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Beta one works well except for the CTD caused by NOAA metar access.

13dc44.jpg
276e8f.jpg
3ea2e0.jpg

Jose

Only way i could get the noaa plugin to show with the plugins, was to change the file bellow from: 

self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', ‚float')

To: self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')

Is this not right? 

Oh my god, Pages for Mac did an auto-correct on this code snippet, of course you are right! It needs to be ’float’ !!!

self.visibility  = EasyDref('sim/multiplayer/position/plane19_speedbrake_ratio', 'float')

So basically this typo in the manual will make Beta 2 unusable unless this fix is applied. It also causes the fogged in scenario. What happens is that Ventura Sky will not receive the variable from NOAA (it's zero then), and thus will interpolate visibility to zero = that's the wall of fog that comes rolling in.

Beta 3 will be out tonight.

I just installed "Beta2", however I'm getting this weird rolling fog in effect when the sim loads. After a few minutes the entire area is covered in fog. I can't take a screenshot because all you will be able to see is gray.

I'm going to wait for Beta 3. This version caused and immediate fogged in scenerio.

Does anyone else get a CTD when accessing a NOAA metar and taking a snapshot (SHIFT + SPACE)?

Please see the fix above.

Beta one works well except for the CTD caused by NOAA metar access.

The crashes you describe, I don't think they are related to Ventura Sky.

-

The crashes you describe, I don't think they are related to Ventura Sky.

I think it's NOAA related.But, since NOAA is required, I've posted issue.

I tested the plugin :

First thing I noticed when I started climbing above 10000 ft was flashing in horizon. white flashing

The blue haze on the horizon is not showing even with HDR

The fog clears when the script is reloaded from FlywithLua reload all scripts.

I had removed Blu-FX and other Lua scripts to test.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The fog clears when the script is reloaded from FlywithLua reload all scripts.

Which fog? Did you do the fix mentioned a few posts above? If you have fog at startup, it's not installed correctly (even if it's clear after reloading the script). A reload is never required.

-

Which fog? Did you do the fix mentioned a few posts above? If you have fog at startup, it's not installed correctly (even if it's clear after reloading the script). A reload is never required.

Haze on the horizon hardly any visibility.

Yep I have done all that but I can try it again in a while. or wait for a new version

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus