Sign in to follow this  
tommy1474

GoFlight Panels, X Plane, and Windows 10

I have been giving a lot of thought to upgrading my sim. With my wife’s go ahead these plans are now on the fast track. I have spent lots of time sorting through seemingly endless possibilities.

I am looking seriously at some of the cockpit setups from GoFlight. However, there are a few posts on the internet about people having difficulty with GoFlight modules not working with X Plane 10 and Windows 10 (and even back to Windows 8.1).

My question for the more experienced users is simply this: Are the GoFlight products solidly compatible with X Plane 10 or not? It is to be expected that with so many potential variations of computers and software that there will be issues that crop up. So are those who post about GoFlight problems the exception or the rule? Are there users that are happy with GoFlight and X Plane 10?

Any assistance is appreciated!

Many thanks,

Robert

left handed but in my right mind…

PowerSpec G416
i7-6700K 4.0GHz
16 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1080
Windows 10 Pro

Hi Robert,

GoFlight do not provide any X-Pane drivers. Some 3rd party support is available for some devices. I released a version of the GoFlight Interface Tool for X-Plane a few months ago which provides X-Plane support for all GoFlight hardware. You can get more details here: https://shop.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/goflight-interface-tool-xplane.html

There has been an issue with LED's not working sometimes, since Windows 8. GoFlight provide a program called Windows8Fixer.cmd as part of their drivers which resolves the issue. With Windows 10, it got more complicated as you have to plug in the GoFlight devices so the drivers install, then uplug them, then run the Windows8Fixer.cmd program and then reconnect the hardware. You only have to do this once mind you and then its fixed for good. 

Another issue you will come across is using USB3 with the hardware. Short answer is don't. USB2 hubs connected to USB2 ports on the computer and all be fine.

The only other thing you may come across if you have lots of GoFlight hardware is the need to distribute the more power hungry devices across multiple USB hubs or computer USB ports - the GF166's and the MCP's are the usual culprits.

So there are some issues but nothing that cannot be resolved and if you need help, John over at GoFlight will assist you with top notch support.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Steve

PollyPot Software

Stephen Munn

I was aware of GoFlight Interface Tool for X-Plane and absolutely plan on using it if I proceed with any GoFlight purchase.

Many thanks for the tip on theWindows8Fixer and the USB2 issue.

​You have been great help!!

Robert

On 9/7/2016 at 1:12 PM, tommy1474 said:

I was aware of GoFlight Interface Tool for X-Plane and absolutely plan on using it if I proceed with any GoFlight purchase.

Many thanks for the tip on theWindows8Fixer and the USB2 issue.

You have been great help!!

Robert

Hello Robert,

.no LED lights on my GF Modules 

where do I get the Windows8Fixer ???? 

Did you already experimented "GoFlight Interface tools" ??? 

Yair 

Yair - Windows8Fixer is part of the GoFlight Drivers available on GoFlight's website. Its run automatically when you install the drivers, however a few people need to run it manually afterwards.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

I see .. tnx for the intel

BTW

I just switched a USB3 hub to USB2, I thought it will bring cure to my non functional GF Modules, but without luck. what a bummer ....  (-: