hi guys.

a strange thing happened.

w10 made some updates yesterday and now the green led's of my cessna yoke, the pan viewer and the button left/right on the left side don't work, everything else works.

on the multi-switch buttons panel, only the taxi light on/off and the panel light on/off don't work.

any ideas??

thanks

ps: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H Socket 1150
Chipset Intel Z87 - DDR3 - 3x PCIE 16X - 8x SATA3 - 10x USB 3.0
- HDMI/ DP / DVI / VGA- ATX

processor INTEL Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.5GHz Haswell
-8Mo cache - TurboBoost - Graphic HD 4600 - Socket LGA1150
BX80646I74770K | BX80646I74770K | Haswell oc

memory DDR3 G.Skill RipjawsX 32Go (4x8Go) PC12800
1600Mhz 1.5V CL9 | F3-1600C9D-16GXM

BluRay LITE ON iHBS112-115 SATA | BD-R 12x -DVD±R 16x

Seagate NAS HDD SATA III 6 Gb/s - 4 x 4 To

2x SSD Samsung Serie 850 Pro - 2 To

CORSAIR CX Bronze Modular - 600 W |
Certification 80 Plus Bronze - Semi-modulaire - 600W

COOLER MASTER RC 690 II Advance (ATX - MicroATX) black

GAINWARD NVIDIA GTX780 3072 GDDR5 902MHz - 3Go - 384 bit

Corsair Hydro H100i

multi card reader 1x USB / SDHC / SD / MMC - MS / PRO / DUO /
PRO DUO - Micro SD / SDHC - Mini SD - M2 - CF / MD -

hdd SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.14 - 2 To ( 2000 Go ) -
SATA 6Gb/s - 7200trs/mn - ST2000DM001

2x SAMSUNG SSD Serie 840 EVO - 2.5 - 250 Go - SATA III -
basic Kit | Controler Samsung 3-Core MCX - Support TRIM/SMART

1x SSD SAMSUNG SSD Serie 840 EVO - 2.5 pouces - 1 To - SATA III

w10 64bit pro, version1607

Start with power loading. Make sure power management is turned off for that USB hub and port, and that the yoke is plugged into a hub with at least 500ma for that USB port. Finally, make sure it's in a USB 2.0 hub if possible. When Saitek gear gets wonky, in my experience it's nearly always USB hub or USB power-related.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

done all that, desinstalled drivers and removed devices, reinstalled everything, still the same bizarre problem, must me hardware. going to disassemble the yoke :Hmmmph:

First thing I'd do is roll back the update and see if it fixes it.

Windows update probably updated your USB drivers.

First before dismantling your yoke take some time and do a Google search and a search here on Avsim for Windows Advanced Power Management and Saitek.  I am getting tired of providing direct links when so many new topics are started before doing a due diligence look.  There are some patch apps that change parameters in the Windows Registry to thwart Windows Advanced Power Management.  The also necessary settings in Device Manager may not be enough.  Look in this very forum here on Avsim. There is a very recent topic that contains direct links to possible resolution.

There are also Saitek drivers on their site dated in November 2015.  It may take those drivers, the Device Manager settings to turn off Power Management for the devices (and the devices may not be easy to ID without unplugging them to see what goes away), and the apps that make corrections to the Windows Registry.

Cannot promise those will correct the issues you are encountering, but I'd sure as heck do all three of those before poking around inside the yoke.

Here is the next most recent related topic.  Read through it and you will find links to earlier discussions, and the possible resolutions.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/491999-saitek-throttles-now-you-see-them-now-you-dont%E2%80%A6wait/#entry3474702

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

First before dismantling your yoke take some time and do a Google search and a search here on Avsim for Windows Advanced Power Management and Saitek.  I am getting tired of providing direct links when so many new topics are started before doing a due diligence look.  There are some patch apps that change parameters in the Windows Registry to thwart Windows Advanced Power Management.  The also necessary settings in Device Manager may not be enough.  Look in this very forum here on Avsim. There is a very recent topic that contains direct links to possible resolution.

There are also Saitek drivers on their site dated in November 2015.  It may take those drivers, the Device Manager settings to turn off Power Management for the devices (and the devices may not be easy to ID without unplugging them to see what goes away), and the apps that make corrections to the Windows Registry.

Cannot promise those will correct the issues you are encountering, but I'd sure as heck do all three of those before poking around inside the yoke.

Here is the next most recent related topic.  Read through it and you will find links to earlier discussions, and the possible resolutions.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/491999-saitek-throttles-now-you-see-them-now-you-dont%E2%80%A6wait/#entry3474702

1+

Rich Sennett

thanks for all the help. after reading the info on the other post's and doing a search, i still have no luck, tryed everything even connecting on another pc with w7, so i'll send them back on the warranty, to see what they say.