Sign in to follow this  
MIQUEL_7

Trouble with my P3D after installing & uninstalling PTA Reshades...

Hey members, 

I have an issue here with P3D, 

Yesterday I tried to instal the Reshade pack from PTA... But not as it should be I guess, because there are problems...

Then I have uninstalled P3D and all my add-ons and reïnstalled them, and then when I start a scenario i have this issue with the scenery... 

I use ORBX Global Base Pack, openLC Europe, ORBX Vector & EU England, I think that is the problem somewhere ...

Can someone please help me here? 

I'd be very grateful to you ...

As in the picture the problem

Thanks for the help 

Miguel

https://postimg.org/image/hf8spcfhj/

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

Hello Miguel

What happens when you Un-Pause Prepar3D ? (You have it Paused)    Does it Build the Shaders ?  "The Image you see"  Or does it stay like that

When you Uninstalled Prepar3D,  did you Delete the 5 folders to insure nothing was left over ?

When you Reinstalled Prepar3D,  Did you do a quick test flight Before you Installed any Add On's to Insure everything was working Ok ?

=======================

The quickest and first thing you could try is..............

Delete these 2 files in Blue and let them rebuild again when you start prepar3D 

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ► Shaders

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin  ► Prepar3D v3  Prepar3D.cfg 

I use ORBX Global Base Pack, openLC Europe, ORBX Vector & EU England, I think that is the problem somewhere ...

If that does Not work...............

Delete this folder complete in Blue,  Prepar3D will rebuild it again........

If that works,  Just open up your FTX Control Panel and It will sort your Terrain.cfg and Scenery.cfg Entries out 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

Hello Miguel

What happens when you Un-Pause Prepar3D ? (You have it Paused)    Does it Build the Shaders ?  "The Image you see"  Or does it stay like that

When you Uninstalled Prepar3D,  did you Delete the 5 folders to insure nothing was left over ?

When you Reinstalled Prepar3D,  Did you do a quick test flight Before you Installed any Add On's to Insure everything was working Ok ?

=======================

The quickest and first thing you could try is..............

Delete these 2 files in Blue and let them rebuild again when you start prepar3D 

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ► Shaders

Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin  ► Prepar3D v3  Prepar3D.cfg 

If that does Not work...............

Delete this folder complete in Blue,  Prepar3D will rebuild it again........

If that works,  Just open up your FTX Control Panel and It will sort your Terrain.cfg and Scenery.cfg Entries out 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

Nope, nothing does really work man, I'm getting a bit frustrated now, 

The simulator was paused in the first image and when I followed your steps I screenshottet another image from my simulator unpaused....

https://postimg.org/image/h30kc9h8z/

Can you help me here please? 

Miguel Pappijn

Belgium, Europe

OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z, CPU: i9-9900K, MO: MEG Z390 Godlike ///// Prepar3D v5.3 HTFX: 2. /////

Going on this blind as i don't know what you have or have not done Regarding Uninstalling correctly before you Installed again,   But.........

Try this............

(1) Uninstall Prepar3D Client and Content in your Control Panel  "Programs and Features"  Restart your Computer.  

(2) Go to your Prepar3D downloaded folder, Right Click and Install the Prepar3D Client First,  Then the Content   Restart your Computer

When finished Delete your Prepar3D.cfg and your Shaders folder 

Well obviously something is messed up. You can spend hours trying to chase down which files are corrupt.

Easy way - do a complete uninstall and reinstall of P3D. After uninstalling, delete the folders mentioned by Elaine. Delete the root P3D folder where you had it installed.

Then reinstall P3D with NO add ons and fly. If it looks ok, start reinstalling your addons.

Really not enough info to make any sort of decision.

EDIT: Follow Elaine's uninistall suggestion. If it does not work, uninstall ALL of P3d - Client, Content and Scenery and reinstall JUST P3D - no add ons.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just to expand on what Vic said and if my earlier suggestion didn't work.......... 

Uninstall all 3rd Party Software that you have Installed Into the Core Prepar3D folder.  When you do an Uninstall of Prepar3D v3 it will Remove all Prepar3D folders and Files and will leave any 3rd Party Software folders and files in the Core Prepar3D folder,  But the Uninstall Process will also Remove any Default files that have been Modified by 3rd Party Software possibly leaving Faults and Errors when you Reinstall and run Prepar3D again. 

For 3rd Party Software that you have Installed OUTSIDE the Core Prepar3D folder Does Not need to be Uninstalled.

-----------------

Uninstalling Prepar3D.......

Navigate to your "Control Panel"  Programs and Features,  Right Click on " Prepar3D v3 Academinc\Professional"  and Click Uninstall

After the process has completed,  Wait at least 2 minutes as Prepar3D takes a little while to fully Unload Then  Restart your computer. 

Go back to your "Control Panel" and Insure the 4 Prepar3D Entries have been Removed during the Uninstall Process,,,, Prepar3D Academic\Professional,,,Prepar3D Client,,,Prepar3D Content,,,Prepar3D Scenery.  

If you still have Prepar3D Entries left after the Uninstall Process you can just Right Click and Uninstall each one of them. Only move onto the next step when all Prepar3D Entries have been Removed from the "Control Panel"  

---------

After you Uninstall Prepar3D v3,  You Need to Locate and Delete these 6 Blue Folders from your Computer (Important) If you fail to Delete one or more of these folders, When your Reinstall Prepar3D again you will be overwriting the Old folders with the New folders, Depending on your Reason to Uninstall and Reinstall Prepar3D again, You could possibly be left with the same or more Issues.

Please Note:  If your Using Prepar3D Version 3.0 Or 3.1 Or 3.2 you will only have 5 folders to Delete. Prepar3D v 3.3 Introduced the new folder Into "Documents"  Prepar3D v3 Add-ons Folder. 

► Computer ► Your Prepar3D v3 Install location    

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

Note: Make sure you have No 3rd Party Software folders left in your Core Prepar3D Folder,  In some case you may need to restart your computer again before certain 3 Party Software Folders will allow themselves to be Manually deleted.  

----------

This Next part is based on the fact that You Know that your Prepar3D download folder is good (All there)  and you have Extracted the Unzipped folder with something like 7zip or WinZip  "A suitable Tool"   :smile:

Before you Install Prepar3D.

(1) Temporary Disable all Anti virus Software or Windows Defender (if your using it) 

(2) Disable your User Account Control by typing UAC in your windows search bar.  Click Never notify and Click Ok

-----------

Running the Prepar3D Installer

(1) Go to your Prepar3D Download folder and Right Click on Setup.exe and Click Run as administrator (Important) 

(2)  Don't Install into the path Program files(x86),  For possible "access and write Issues"  Click Options and navigate to an Install location of your choice,  C or D or E or F,   Make a new folder and Install there. 

(3) When the Install process is finished again,  Wait at least 2 minutes as Prepar3D takes a little while to fully Unload Then  Restart your computer.

(4)  Make sure you Turn your Anti virus Software Back On after.  Then add your Entire Prepar3D folder to your Exclusions Zone or Trusted Place within your Anti virus Software  

(5)  Start Prepar3D and Run it as administrator,  Right Click on your Prepar3D Icon,  Click Properties  Click Compatibility Tick the Box "Run this program as administrator"  Click Apply
     Please Note: If you run Prepar3D as administrator you must setup any other programs that open's "Launches" with Prepar3D to also run as administrator  (3rd Party Software) 

-----------

First flight. (Confirming a good Install) 

*Important* Before,  you Install any 3rd Pary Software (Ad On's),  Start Prepar3D, Use Default only settings (For now)  Pick your Airport or Location and Airplane, Click Ok,  Do a Quick Flight and Insure everything is working and you have no Problems. If you encounter Issues at this stage they are much easier and faster to Troubleshot and Diagnose.  

When you are Happy that Prepar3D is running good and you have adjusted your Graphic settings to suit Your PC with no Problems encountered, Now and only Now should you think of Installing 3rd Party Software (Ad On's)   

-----------

Create a Back up

Create a Complete Back Up of your Prepar3D folder before you Install Add On's, So you can move old folders (Corrupt) out and new ones in,  Example "Black Clouds"  Yours Shaders HLSL folder   

-----------

Installing Ad On's 

Install One at a time,  Restart your computer,  Do a small test, Again if you have Problems at this stage they are easier to diagnose and troubleshoot.

Stay away from non compatible Prepar3D V3 Installers

Orbx  Insure the Installers are V3 Compatible,  After your last Orbx Install,   Make sure you run the Orbx Libraries Last 

After Installing Orbx Products,  Open the FTX Control Panel Before you Start Prepar3D,  This will Modify your Autogen Entries to suit Orbx 

Hi Elaine. Quick question, you mention deleting the "six" folders in blue, but I only see 5 listed...

Being that six is with the latest version, and the one it introduces *is* listed, I believe one is missing, right.?