Sign in to follow this  
farpha

Need help with pushback

Hi all.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I would appreciate your help if possible.

Suddenly MCE seems to have lost the ability to pushback (native).

Symptoms

PIC: Ground from flight deck

Mechanic: reacts

PIC: Ground mechanic start pushback

silence for about 10 seconds

FO: Could you please confirm need to start engines before pushback

Mechanic hands me over to another collegue

What I have done

Tested with different airports (including "fsx native")

Tested with different aircrafts (fsx native, freeware and payware)

Reinstalled MCE

MCE reset to factory setting

Changed voice pack for mechanic

Currently out of ideas ...

Notes

Win 10

FSX SE

MCE latest release

GFX not installed

AES currently not installed

Interface AES option disabled

GroundServicesMode=Native (as per mce config file)

When the silence (see above) occurs apparently MCE is inputting the following into fsx: 5 1 3.

I got this because I was using MCE to write the above "conversation" into this post.  Don't know if this is important or not.

Thanks

Hi all.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I would appreciate your help if possible.

Suddenly MCE seems to have lost the ability to pushback (native).

Symptoms

PIC: Ground from flight deck

Mechanic: reacts

PIC: Ground mechanic start pushback

silence for about 10 seconds

FO: Could you please confirm need to start engines before pushback

Mechanic hands me over to another collegue

What I have done

Tested with different airports (including "fsx native")

Tested with different aircrafts (fsx native, freeware and payware)

Reinstalled MCE

MCE reset to factory setting

Changed voice pack for mechanic

Currently out of ideas ...

Notes

Win 10

FSX SE

MCE latest release

GFX not installed

AES currently not installed

Interface AES option disabled

GroundServicesMode=Native (as per mce config file)

When the silence (see above) occurs apparently MCE is inputting the following into fsx: 5 1 3.

I got this because I was using MCE to write the above "conversation" into this post.  Don't know if this is important or not.

Thanks

Happens when GSX is installed.

MCE looks under C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\folder, and if it finds settings for GSX in "KeyMapping.ini" it automatically switches to GSX mode.

Try opening "KeyMapping.ini" and changing to look like

[common]
youcontrol=

[GSX]
shortcut=

Or is it that you are alternating between Native and GSX on a whim.

Hi Gerald.

No Virtuali folder in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming or in my profile.

No KeyMapping.ini in my system (searched the entire hard drive) .

Hi Gerald.

No Virtuali folder in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming or in my profile.

No KeyMapping.ini in my system (searched the entire hard drive) .

Maybe you enabled option "Use AES" in MCE "advanced options" panel, in which case MCE assumes you're using AES ground services and not Native.

Interace AES option in Advanced Options is unchecked.

All I can suggest for now is to make sure you installed the very latest version. V2.6.7.82

and then we'll take it from there.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.hrml

If anyone else who has the issue with Native pushback, please chime in.

Hi Gerald what I think he means is, after you say " Mechanic Start Pushback", FO asks "Do you need to start engines before pushback"?

Captain Replies,  "Affirmative" or "negative" according to when you want to start..

Mechanic replies. "OK just wait for pushback truck, I will hang around until you tell me to disconnect", or "please listen to my colleagues instructions for pushback, let me know when to disconnect"

Then the GSX window pops up, you then would appear to need to select prepare position for pushback manually, the selection is not made automatically. However when you select item 5 Prepare for Pushback and Departure, nothing happens!  The pushback is not initiated. Thereafter, even selecting the GSX menu fro Ctrl+f12 makes no difference, you can no longer access the pushback feature from GSX. There is no selection screen for pushback services, no request for push direction, seems the GSX service has been stopped. I need a P3d reboot to get GSX working again?

I never use the "Mechanic request pushback" request, I just tried it today and got the aforementioned results. I always use the direct GSX menu Ctrl+f12 and work the pushback from there!

Hope that helps?

Regards

David

I have the latest MCE...V2.6.7.82
[MECHANIC]
PushWithGSXandAES=0
Is in the .ini.
 Keep mech on push in advanced options makes no difference.

Hi and sorry for my late feedback.

I have the latest MCE installed: V2.6.7.82.

@David:  you summed it up, although I didn't had GSX installed.

In the meantime, I wanted to see what would happened if I installed and uninstalled GSX in this computer:

• Installed GSX demo version (for the first time in this computer)
  • Start FSX:SE
  • Airport selected: Milano Linate - LIML
  • Test Pushback  -  test ok (tested only the pushback)
  • Closed FSX:SE
  • Uninstalled GSX
  • Reboot computer
  • Check virtuali folder: Deleted virtuali folder (uninstaller didn't removed it)
  • Test Pushback  -  test not ok (same as above)
  • Closed FSX:SE
  • Reinstalled MCE version  V2.6.7.82
  • Interface AES - not set (in config)
  • Checked ini file: GroundServicesMode=Native
  • Test Pushback  -  test not ok (same as above)

Ok just to make myself a bit clearer.

This is my finding in P3d with GSX and MCE 2.6.782

I never use the Native Pushback and have not got AES installed on my P3d PC.  So here is what I have found using GSX exclusively. I don't think you can mix the Native Pushback with GSX/AES pushback, although I have never tried. However everything should work.

First I add this to the mce.ini;-

PushWithGSXandAES=1

Then I go to advanced options in the MCE GUI, second page (more options) tick Keep Mech on Push.

1. Captain..."Mechanic Start Pushback". (Activate Ground Services GSX window pops up)

2. FO "Do you need to start engines before pushback"?

3. Captain Replies, "Affirmative" or "negative" according to when you want to start

4. Mechanic replies, "OK just wait for pushback truck, I will hang around until you tell me to disconnect", or "please listen to my colleagues instructions for pushback, let me know when to disconnect"

With the Select Ground Services window open, no further automatic selections are made, so you make the selections yourself with the mouse. 

Namely;
Pushback service choice of company.
Pushback direction. (previously set in GSX menu, e.g. Left/Right/Straight...)
Engine on/off selection.

The pushback then proceeds without any problems, with the Pushback in Progress window open, so you can manually stop it any point.

Hope that helps a bit. I was thinking that after the initial verbal request to the mechanic, the other selections would be made without any input from myself, this is not what I found.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit. I personally wouldn't be without GSX, it adds much more depth to the sim.

Regards

David

Pictures speak louder than words...

That's the way it should be.

I do note you have an older P3D version. Which version, and which update?

It could be some issue with the GSX window not getting focus in that specific P3D version, and the keystroke not reaching it.

In latest P3D (V3), GSX window is very different (transparent just like the ATC window). Equally, handling of that window is different.

To make matters more challenging, GSX keeps introducing new features and MCE has to constantly adjust.

It's OK keeping up with latest P3D and GSX changes, but we don't conduct tests on earlier versions every time GSX changes.

Therefore may need to work with you via support, in order to resolve this.

Hi Gerald.

I am on P3dv3.0. The first release of P3dv3.

My Luddite like tendencies are getting the better of me with respect to constantly upgrading P3dv3. Like versions 3.1....3.2....3.3....3.4....3.5? Seemingly each "upgrade" conspiring to "break" all the FSX installs that I have? With somewhat variable benefits.

The GSX version is also 12 months old. No updates have been added.

The GSX window works from the menu item, when pressed, so I get the push back. I did not think that MCE would do those menu item selections for me? If I need to update P3dv3.0 just to get this function, that doesn't really interest me, so long as I can get a pushback from GSX, I will use the mouse and menu item click:-)

Best regards,

David.

In the meantime, I wanted to see what would happened if I installed and uninstalled GSX in this computer:

Installed GSX demo version (for the first time in this computer)

Start FSX:SE

Airport selected: Milano Linate - LIML

Test Pushback  -  test ok (tested only the pushback)

I am sorry for going off the o.p. topic, which is concerning a native pushback, on FSX SE. Whereas I am jabbering on about P3dv3.0 and GSX. But it seems he managed to achieve success with a demo GSX pushback and automated menu selections with MCE. This is great!

I would personally stick with GSX for push, but that's my opinion, FWIW.

The new (latest) GSX version adds menu items to the push back, namely gate movement and acknowledgements. It looks nice, but obviously moves the key press assignment location on screen.

P3d is evolving too, so keeping up with all these changes is a problem. I guess there's a lot to be said for staying on FSX. At least that won't change:-)

As long as we can get the most out of our hobby, we win!

Regards

David

Hi David!

GSX is on my wishlist. Unfortunately, I'm running a tight budget and slowly "building" my FSX. But eventually I'll get there.

Actually, MCE won over GSX and other addons when I was evaluating my latest purchase. 

I started with MCE and didn't tried the others. I bought it after the demo expired! The ability to try before buying it was very important, since english is not my native language.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and everyone else for the videos, scripts, tips, etc. They have been very helpful.

Best regards.

Antonio

The ability to try before buying it was very important, since english is not my native language.

You will also discover over time, that you bought yourself an English training program as a bonus.

You'll get to practice a lot and it beats attending boring English lessons  :smile:

Kind of hitting two birds with one stone.

Will get the native pushback checked and eventually do something about it if required.

Hi.

Bought GSX today and I recovered the pushback.   :smile:

Doing some testing noticed this: if I close MCE and start it again MCE stops interacting with GSX. Restarting the FSX:SE solves the issue.

Best regards.

Antonio