Sign in to follow this  
farpha

Need help with pushback

Hi.

Bought GSX today and I recovered the pushback.   :smile:

Doing some testing noticed this: if I close MCE and start it again MCE stops interacting with GSX. Restarting the FSX:SE solves the issue.

Best regards.

Antonio

Shouldn't work like that. Our fsInsider.dll running inside FSX keeps tab of whatever GSX is doing, including what services have been requested and whether they are completed or not. Also, if fsInsider.dll detects flight has been reset, it also resets those variables tracking GSX activity.

I am beginning to suspect MCE isn't getting data from th simulator as expected. And possibly why Native pushback didn't work either.

Just a reminder, when Windows UAC is enabled, you MUST...

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "fsx.exe" to run as administrator.

This will ensure "mce.exe" which runs outside the simulator process in order not to affect the stability of the sim and to prevent speech engine using valuable VAS, can communicate with "fsx.exe" without Windows security interference.

And make sure you're running latest MCE V2.6.7.84

I heard GSX changed recently with a new menu. Therefore, expect another update to follow soon.

Hi Gerald!

MCE is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

fsx.exe is running as admin

Before installing MCE I download the version posted on the website.

Also, I'm running MCE as admin.

Antonio

Antonio, just out of interest, are you running an anti virus software?

Some anti virus software can interfere with running software, without us knowing what or when they do it!

When running Flight sim, I turn my Anti virus off:-)

Then there's Windows 10.....Oh my Ghosh! MS putting out "updates" that messed up the "other" flight sim. Then they try to correct it by further "updates" to fix the updates....Then LM release updates that subtly alter the program, leading to stuff stopping working that worked in the previous version....causing programmers to constantly monitor what's changed and try to keep their software engine working with all versions....OMG! :(

Regards

David

Hi David.

Thanks for the heads up.

But disabling anti virus doesn't solve the issue.

And yes, I'm running Win 10. Automatic updates does pose a "threat". In my case and until now, Win 10 is revealing good stability. Blue screens are starting to be a thing of the pass.

If Microsoft doesn't mess up, Win 10 could be the truly successor of Win XP and 7. Nevertheless, I'll always have Linux in my heart.

Antonio

Linux eh?

I used to be a fully competent programmer once! ;)

I was fluent in Simons Basic and could write for the Acorn electron and Commodore 64..! :-) LOL.

Things were simple then, code you could actually hear being loaded from your tape cassette, but that's only for persons that are of a certain age....:-)

Regards

David

For me it was Sinclair ZX Spectrum with it's amazing 48 KiB of memory.

This is starting to be a very nostalgic thread ...

Antonio

Antonio, I see you don't give away your age? :-) Well my 32k Acorn Electron managed some amazing stuff. If you remember Sublogic Flight Simulator 1, your nearly my age?:-) Hard to believe 1980 was 36 years ago?

Since you started this thread I suppose you get some artistic licence!

Where are you up to with your Push back?

We have dissimilar operating systems and flight Sims so the only consistent factor is GSX.

I have been re visiting the Mjc Dash 8 recently and noticed GSX Does not like being asked to do anything until the sim is truly cold and dark. That is Ctrl+Shift+f1/f2. Seems the Mjc Dash 8 (my version) is not cold and dark when it says its cold and dark, so I require the f1/f2 routine before GSX will work for the push back. This may be unrelated, but like Gerald said, perhaps something is preventing FSX/GSX/MCE having a conversation?

I guess if you can use the on screen GSX menu with your mouse you can function?

I don't know Windows 10, however does it have "any" features like "Defender" or some inscrutable program watching device that may be interfering with running programs? MCE has to get parameters from FSX and GSX and then send instructions back. If it can't, things will go on strike!

Cheers

David

Hi David!

Sorry for the late reply. 

MCE still refuses to talk to GSX if I close and restart MCE. But I can use the GSX menu and no problems there.

Additionally, I found that I can't use MCE to stop pushback, because the option that is actually selected by MCE is the abort. Usually, I stop pushback through the menu. Maybe this particular issue is related to changes to GSX menu, after the latest MCE release.

Regards.

Antonio