Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

Starting in Flagstaff Arizona (KFLG) just south of the San Francisco Peaks the route proceeds south to Sedona (KSEZ) surrounded by striking red sandstone formations.  The next stop is a short hop to Cottonwood (P52) followed by a longer leg to Bagdad (E51).  Continuing to the west we stop at Ford Motor Co – Arizona Proving Ground (58AZ), then on to Eagle Airfield (A09) near Needles on the lower Colorado River.  The route continues across desolate desert and mountains and into California to a stop at Cadiz Airstrip (CA90) and then skirting MCAGCC Twentynine Palms to land at Twentynine Palms (KTNP). The final legs take us across Joshua Tree National Park and a touch and go landing at Bermuda Dunes (KUDD) before reaching our destination Palm Springs (KPSP).  Time and VAS permitting we may extend the flight into the San Bernardino Valley and follow the freeway lights in the fading daylight.

The route to Palm Springs is 296nm long and an aircraft capable of 150knts is recommended.  I will be flying the Shrike Commander but as always you are free to fly what you like.

sunsetlimited.jpg

The flightplans for Plan-G and FSX as well as a "Pilots' Guide" can be found here.

The recommended payware scenery is FTX Global and FTX OpenLC North America.  The payware airports and scenery addons below will be featured but are optional.

FTX Southern California

FTX Sedona

KTNP Twentynine Palms

FTX Palm Springs

Date and time: Saturday 10 September 2016, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here
)

Note to Ron. Please set server time to 16:20 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Good find with the Arizona Proving Grounds. Chrysler is fine. But I'm looking forward to the Harley-Davidson test facilities!

The route's stark desert beauty should be spectacular as the sun sets. This might be a special trip.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Happy to know that I do have not have to prove my low level Goshawk flying skills just yet  :nea:

Bert

Happy to know that I do have not have to prove my low level Goshawk flying skills just yet  :nea:

:BigGrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm not feeling too good today so I won't be joining you for the whole flight this evening, I'll drop in and say hello sometime though and might join for just a leg or two.

Hope you have a good one and I should be OK to set up the Mach Loop flights starting next weekend.