Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

XPlane newbe from p3d help needed pls!

Hi guys,

I ve been simming for almost 22 years, all of them was MSFS till p3d v2.4

I got fedup with same problems since 2006 , as so i saw some utube videos

Of xplane10 and thought 'no that must be edited videos' 'sure people wont go

For p3d if this sim looks like this!!'.

Then i downloaded the demo, i was blown away with the scenery and night lightining

'This is amaaazing', 'this utube videos was not a joke '

Sorry for talking too much :)

Now my questions ,i know this maybe answered million times but pls be patient with me

Am just too excited

At first should i hold till xplane11 is out i know it should be around soon??

If no

2- does all the scenery hv same quality like the one that came with demo in NY area?!

3-i didnt like the clouds nor the wxr engine, do we hv any good addons to fix that'ie like ASN for FSX'?

4-also runway texture res was not good ,any addons to fix it?!

5-what essential addons do i need so i can calculate the amount of money i will invest?!

6- is flightfactor767 same quality like PMDG aircrafts?

7-should i buy it from steam or directly from LR?!

Many thanks

Hi guys,

I ve been simming for almost 22 years, all of them was MSFS till p3d v2.4

I got fedup with same problems since 2006 , as so i saw some utube videos

Of xplane10 and thought 'no that must be edited videos' 'sure people wont go

For p3d if this sim looks like this!!'.

Then i downloaded the demo, i was blown away with the scenery and night lightining

'This is amaaazing', 'this utube videos was not a joke '

Sorry for talking too much :)

Now my questions ,i know this maybe answered million times but pls be patient with me

Am just too excited

If no

2- does all the scenery hv same quality like the one that came with demo in NY area?!

3-i didnt like the clouds nor the wxr engine, do we hv any good addons to fix that'ie like ASN for FSX'?

5-what essential addons do i need so i can calculate the amount of money i will invest?!

Many thanks

Hey there, am by no means an expert in the migration, but can tell you a few things from personal experience:

- We don't know when XP11 will come out. It is expected an announcement MAY be forthcoming next month at the Flight Sim event. Even then, XP may be available next year at the earliest, we simply don't know.

- The default scenery depends in a lot of factors. Some can be quite bland/sparse and some can be quite surprising. XPlane has opened the door to freeware scenery creators and adds a lot of airports to their default package. Having said that, there are quite a few excellent free scenery creators out there...look for MisterX and TDG as a starting point. Scenery creation in XPlane is far more mature than FSX/P3D....it is a lot more dynamic. For example, in FSX/P3D the lights are pretty much 2D objects blended, even the ilumination from light poles is painted on the scenery, which is why your aircraft may look totally dark at night, and why you crash against invisible objects whilst taxying. In XPlane, you simply add a light pole to your airport and the scenery engine decides where the light will go, objects get illuminated, even your aircraft....so there are some very talented people out there making full use of these features.

- Clouds and weather are definite low points for XPlane. the default clouds don't look very good, and to make things worse, can be a drain on resources. There are some payware and freeware alternatives, and perhaps the most popular one is Skymaxx Pro...the clouds look better and actually give your fpx a boost. But this is textures only, just like REX, etc. As far as weather injection is concerned, the default weather engine is good but has a lot more limitations than the FSX default engine. The only mainstream weather program to venture into XPlane is FSGRW...it works with FSX, P3D and now with XPlane.

- The website xplane dot org has a very good library and you will find a small set of replacement runway textures, it is only a small text file but works very well.

- Again personal experience only, but migrating to XPlane was a very small fraction of the money I spent migrating to P3D....the amount of good quality freeware stuff is staggering, and even the payware scenery appears to be priced lower than other platforms. 

For add ons that I have found extremely useful:

XPUIPC - like FSUIPC, it is free and enables links to your hardware and other external programs such as ACARS, etc.

X-Camera - Like EZDOCK, this is very good....it is donationware and I highly recommend it.

X-ASSIGN - Freeware, it allows you to save your controls setup, up to three profiles per aircraft, more and less like FSUIPC.

There are others, but those would get you started.

- It is not as complete or polished as PMDG, hard to compare, FlightFactor is a small team of part time programmers but having said that, the aircraft is very enjoyable and has just had a major patch released for it, with more to come.

- Steam can be far cheaper but you are a little bit restricted to waiting for updated versions....LR tends to release Beta versions of XPlane and Steam will not participate in BETAs so if this is an issue you may want to buy it directly from LR. They are pretty much the same program.

Hope it helps

• Upvote 2

Wow u should hv spent a lot of time writing this very useful reply

That was the exact answer i am looking for

Many thanks bro for your time

Ill go buy xplane10 now !!

Thanks Murmur fir the link

Now i bought it but the download is very slow 100 kb/s

I have a 5mpbs connection and usually download at 300-400 kb/s!!!!

just fired it up for the first time.

all i can say is wooooooow, this is day and night from other sims ,now I feel I hv a 2016 sim

cant wait for xplane11

now I need a good payware GA aircraft (ie old traditional insturments, up to date graphics in virtual cockpit, good flight modeling)

any suggestions guys

u were of a great help anyways thanks

Guest jlindbe

just fired it up for the first time.

now I need a good payware GA aircraft (ie old traditional insturments, up to date graphics in virtual cockpit, good flight modeling)

any suggestions guys

u were of a great help anyways thanks

Checkout vFlyteAir the Piper Arrow and Cherokee are well done. The Arrow will be updated to v4 shortly.

Aerosphere is good as well. Flight model is good, graphics are a little behind.

Carenado has some good planes as well. F33A and CT210M with REP.

Carenado non glass look great and handle well

I like the C206 and the A36 (it has Aspen partial glass but it's cool)

When you look bigger check out the MU2 at X Aviation and the LES Saab 340 - the Saab is phenomenal!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

XP11 

..anybody know how to distribute the sound between external speakers and head set 

& for some reason my Airports are missing center line lights on runways ? 

Cheers

Yair  

XP11 

..anybody know how to distribute the sound between external speakers and head set 

& for some reason my Airports are missing center line lights on runways ? 

Cheers

Yair  

Many smaller airports don't have centerline lights. For example CRQ

https://youtu.be/4dTtnhL8w34?t=516

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I understand, but what about those that do have .. KSNA, KPSP  for example, and if LR didn't implemented center line lights, is there add on I can use to compliment  ?

Yair 

I understand, but what about those that do have .. KSNA, KPSP  for example, and if LR didn't implemented center line lights, is there add on I can use to compliment  ?

Yair 

KSNA 

KPSP 

I'm not sure how you can implement them, but I'm pretty sure if you ask around there is a way

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

hummmm ... interestin 20L-02R is a precision RWY after all.

Just wondering if X-Plane moduling RCLS at all ??

tnx for the info and the vid

Yair