Sign in to follow this  
RioPilot

Saitek Multi-Panel, no Autopilot Text Display

Hi all,

I have the Saitek Multi-Panel Autopilot product, and thanks to the SPAD program, I've finally seemed to be able to get it to function, at least as far as the buttons and switches and concerned.

However, while the LED display does illuminate to a solid red color, I have yet to actually see any text display on the panel (heading, speed, altitude information, etc).

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

This is now apparently a common bug  in the saitek panel with Windows 10.. I have the same problem.. I put up with it. and deal with it by unpluging the USB cable and re-pluging, and the text displays.

Hi all,

I have the Saitek Multi-Panel Autopilot product, and thanks to the SPAD program, I've finally seemed to be able to get it to function, at least as far as the buttons and switches and concerned.

However, while the LED display does illuminate to a solid red color, I have yet to actually see any text display on the panel (heading, speed, altitude information, etc).

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

This is now apparently a common bug  in the saitek panel with Windows 10.. I have the same problem.. I put up with it. and deal with it by unpluging the USB cable and re-pluging, and the text displays.

Hmm windows 10 here no problems work every time you have to be hooked up to a powered hub either your powered yoke or a powered hub - using spad v0.50 - you need that also and go to your control panel in windows hardware and make sure all of your usb hubs under properties - power management tab - uncheck allow computer to turn off this device to save power   ---  do this for everyone listed that has the option to tick off - they are under universal serial bus controllers - done problem solved

Rich Sennett

On 9/9/2016 at 7:55 AM, RioPilot said:

Thanks! I think that fix did it. Seems to work now, but I'll let you know if I run into any other problems.

Which fix worked ?. The APM or manually unchecking power options under USB.

I am facing the same problem now under windows 10.

I had the same issue. The multipanel worked but no display. I had tried to manually go to settings in Windows 10 and change all the power settings for USB devices to be unmanaged but that did not fix the issue. Then I downloaded the APM fix and after running that, following the included instructions, the panel lit up correctly in xplane11. Happy days!

Thanks for the help.

Hi

Same issue here. I downloaded a USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler.exe. That solved the problem for me.

You had to execute it in CMD and thats it. It scans the registry settings and disabled the powermanagment for Saitek panels and fips.

Cheers