Sign in to follow this  
Tilly

Once a/c stops moving will not start to move again.

Good day Gentlemen

I have reloaded my FS9 and added aircraft from the Jan. B. kristensen stable i.e. Handley Page Hastings and Hermes and Douglas C124 , Every thing is fine until you stop moving on the ground ,Runway or taxy way, all three refuse to start moving again even with full throttle applied, I have contacted Mr Kristensen and he has never heard of this problem .   I can not find any thing obvious in my set up .,my operating system is windows 7 64bit

Richard woodard

Obvious question. What happens to your other aicraft?

Did you reinstall sim1.dll which modified the ground friction in FS9?

OK what is the problem, because as far as I can see they work ok with other people, and frankly I have not a clue where to look

Hi Richard.

I suppose you're conversant with FS9's folder structure, and with messing about with files...

Try narrowing the scope of your search for the culprit. It may be best to check first whether it's the model, the air file or the config file that is suffering the problem. Disable one of them by altering the suffix and substitute a copy of the corresponding file from a working aircraft's folder.

Do them one at a time and for each substitution perform a test by taxiing and braking. If the problem persists, make a substitution of all three. If the problem still persists, it's likely to be something other than the aircraft (that's why I wrote 'suffering the problem' rather than 'causes the problem').

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

D

Do all three aircraft have some kind of automatic propeller feathering enabled?? Just chucking ideas out there.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

it's the model, the air file or the config file that is suffering the problem.

It's not the model file.

The .mdl file has no impact on how a plane flies.

I suspect a gauge issue as all affected birds are from the same author.

Did you start from scratch when installing these planes or did you copy them from an old install (in which case you may have missed some gauges}?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I installed from scratch the funny thing is quite a while back they worked fine but I had a problem with my PC and cleaned it out of all add on files . Then I reinstalled FS9 and when I did a fresh install the problem occurred . I down loaded from Simviation  I think I delete all three a/c and down load from avsim and see what happens .

OK I deleted all of Mr Kristensens files and downloaded the HP Hastings from Avsim and reloaded it into FS9. Opened throttles commenced take-off run  shut throttles and let a/c come to a halt without applying brakes opened throttles and a/c started to move as normal , shut throttles and applies the brakes opened throttles nothing a/c would not move. So clearly the not moving again is linked to the brakes.

Not being a PC boffin I don't have a clue what to do, I have  a very basic knowledge of what goes on in computers , I am an old pensioner from the little black book and pencil age :-)

Hi Richard.

Opened throttles commenced take-off run  shut throttles and let a/c come to a halt without applying brakes opened throttles and a/c started to move as normal , shut throttles and applies the brakes opened throttles nothing a/c would not move.

I've just downloaded Jens' HP Hastings so I'll have a play once I'm home this evening (UK). Which airport have you been using? Come to that, does the problem occur at every airport? Or on every type of surface?

Having never tried, I'm not sure if installation would have been possible (thinking becomes increasingly difficult as Friday wears on) but you didn't download the FSX version by mistake did you?

Best regards,

D

I definitely have the FS9 version loaded, I have tried different airfields and surface  textures , The same happens at all locations and surfaces- open throttle a/c rolls shut throttle and let a/c stop without brakes, open throttle a/c rolls this time stop with brakes , a/c will not move . So the problem seems to be  the brakes will not release

The aircraft file has this for brakes

[brakes]

toe_brakes_scale=1.0

parking _brake=1

differential_parking_scale=1.0

I have to admit the above means nothing to me (thick as three short planks) :-)  .

Every thing is fine until you stop moving on the ground ,Runway or taxy way, all three refuse to start moving again even with full throttle applied

Hi Tilly, I've just downloaded and taxied the Hastings around Church Fenton AB (UK2000 Scenery) with no problems using brakes or parking brakes, releasing brakes and then setting off again. I'm also using Win7 64bit. Something may have altered your FS9.cfg keyboard commands or, more likely, your FSUIPC joystick commands which can be aircraft specific. Might be worth a check!

I use a Saitek pro flight yoke system and rudder bar I have checked that but will have another look, AS for FS9 cfg key board commands not sure where they are