Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Oil Temp Inop

I agree. Oil temp does not register or change. 

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

No oil temp for me either. really a let down! the alebeo titan was the same but a member in that firum had a fix for it , I wonder if the same method could be applied to this uncooked bird.

Does it really matter? After all, there is no real oil usage/ -systems simulated in Carenado/Alabeo models anyway. The oil temp gauge is basically just there for decoration.

There is no real flying either, addman, so why bother making it fly? Come on - It SHOULD WORK!

Don

if the oil temp gauge in the default 172 "works" then carenado owes me a "working" oil temp gauge in a plane I paid as much for as the entire simulator program. 

So yes it matters to me any way   and besides I like my "decorations" to look as good as possible

bad beta testing in my opinion that something this simple was missed.  If it is going to be stuck in one place they could have at least have it stuck in the green zone.!

There is no real flying either, addman, so why bother making it fly? Come on - It SHOULD WORK!

Don

I just meant that in an accu-sim plane, for example, oil amount, age and temperature actually does make a difference so you actually need to check the oil gauges. I rarely even look at oil gauges in other planes because they usually only show a "fake" set value right after engine start-up. That's what I meant, not that you shouldn't have a "working" oil gauge. Sorry if it came across as offensive.

Cheers!/Andreas

If you are trying to build habits you would need in real life, the oil temp should be part of your instrument scan. It can make you aware of a developing engine problem.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

If Carenado are in the business of building simulated aeroplanes then everything in the VC should work as it is supoposed to. It's always a slapdash, rushed effort with them

Oil temp is a confirmed bug. Synchrophaser is also completely inoperative. I already reported it to Carenado and they acknowledged.

No offence taken at all, Andreas. As Greg stated, when you are used to flying, you train yourself to scan everything, and with a trained eye, you don't like seeing gauges that are inop. I like Carenado, but I really wish that once, just once, something was released where everything worked out of the box. They certainly had long enough to do that! LOL! I cannot see how the beta testers missed that.

Don

So lets be clear.  I have an oil gauge that combines pressure and temp....and IS WORKING for PSI but NO WORKING for oil temp...at least that is what I see so far.

From what I see so far the torque, ITT, Fuel Flow, RPM and Fuel Quantity are all working.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

There is so much potential in the flighsim world if the right parties just collaborated on projects.  Carenado aircraft with A2A systems and flight modelling.  Dream

• Upvote 3