Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Oil Temp Inop

Go to your favorite air file editor. Go to value 543 [REC] Engine Oil Temperature then down to [DBL] Oil Temp Limit [deg R]. Change the  value to 760. Back up your original air file first, of course.

• Upvote 1

Go to your favorite air file editor. Go to value 543 [REC] Engine Oil Temperature then down to [DBL] Oil Temp Limit [deg R]. Change the  value to 760. Back up your original air file first, of course.

Any specific freeware air file editor that you recommend for this purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Will that make it actually work or just have a higher static value?

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

I have the same question. Seems that Carenado will include a correction for this on update v1.1.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I have the same question. Seems that Carenado will include a correction for this on update v1.1.

Cheers, Ed

I reported it twice and they confirm they will. Let's wait and see.

Cheers Neil

Tried the modification of the .air file with AirEd, and it works quite well. Oil temperature in both engines rises up to the green band (tried only before take-off, so I suppose it will increase further as the engines are accelerated during take-off, climb and rest of the flight).

Good suggestion by Bob650. Thanks so much.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

Tried the modification of the .air file with AirEd, and it works quite well. Oil temperature in both engines rises up to the green band (tried only before take-off, so I suppose it will increase further as the engines are accelerated during take-off, climb and rest of the flight).

Good suggestion by Bob650. Thanks so much.

Cheers, Ed

It should come up a little more Ed and theoretically the oil cooler will keep it in the proper operating range from there. I'm no air file guru I just tinker a bit, but happy to help when I can. That's not to say Carenado's fix will be any more sophisticated. However, I see that version 1.1 is now out so hopefully all will be well.

It should come up a little more Ed and theoretically the oil cooler will keep it in the proper operating range from there. I'm no air file guru I just tinker a bit, but happy to help when I can. That's not to say Carenado's fix will be any more sophisticated. However, I see that version 1.1 is now out so hopefully all will be well.

Thanks for the heads up, now downloading v1.1 from Carenado website!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed