Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

10.50 FPS Drop

I see this issue reported at the X-Plane FAQ http://questions.x-plane.com/3400/frame-rate-issue

I wonder if users here experience the same. I do. After upgrading to RC3 the fps drop to single digit after a few minutes. No changes to the config, preferences or scenery, 

Could this be related to the latest Win 10 update?

I disabled all plugins, sceneries but to no avail. 

Kind of sad, XP was at its best before this happened. 

There may well be an error on the user's side but I am out of ideas on this. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hans

If you have installed windows update KB3176938 your problem is surely related to windows as happened to a lot of people on the past few days.

Check on your windows app if it is installed and remove it.

• Upvote 1

Manuel Merelles

I am pretty sure it's the Windows update, I mean what on earth should Laminar have done to cause this. It's been happening the past few days, long after RC3 has been released.

I had a drop to single digits today at 42000 feet - I didn't get around yet to check if I got this malware injected from Microsoft.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Thanks for the heads up, gonna check it out. I did not think that this was on LR's side. 

Hans

I have the win10 update mentioned as well.  Apart from one instance where something similar happened, but disappeared with a restart of the sim, I've been unaffected.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Deleted this Windows update and so far no fps drop. Not saying that this is compelling evidence but it worked for me so far. 

Hans

Deleted this Windows update and so far no fps drop. Not saying that this is compelling evidence but it worked for me so far. 

you are welcome  :wink:

Manuel Merelles

It happens to me since I updated Windows 10 (I think it was the Anniversary Update) some weeks ago. But only If lost focus of the X-Plane window. 

If I open X-Plane 10.50 on full screen or do not open more windows, like i.e. Firefox, while flying, its ok. If I open another program or window and X-Plane window looses focus, massive fps drop. And I mean 1-2 fps drop.

I will try to delete that KB3176938.  Maybe it will solve the problem.

Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz ; Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i GT ; Mb Asus Maximus VIII Hero ; 240Gb SSD Kingston SSDNow V300+ 2TB SSD Samsung EVO exclusive for Prepar3D v3.2 + 2xSeagate 6TB SATA3 64MB ; 32GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red ;  

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB ; 48" TV Samsung HW-7500 Curved UHD 60Hz 

As expected Windows wanted to reinstall this update. I let it do that and guess what, the fps drop is also back. Must not be valid for everyone installation but worth a try if performance suddenly goes south. 

Hans

Hi,

I had a major drop in FPS after a Windows 10 update, probably KB3176938 on 31 August. I checked nvidia for a video card update and they had a 372.70 driver. After that install, the FPS went back to normal. So, you may also try a video card update and see if that helps. My card is a GTX970.

Jim Morgan

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Funnily enough I got the Steam update to 10.50 on Friday and first thing I did was delete everything inside the preferences folder. So far I am very happy with the new update. My beloved is out of town this weekend so lots of time to test :)

Will have to check if I got the Win 10 update

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I am pretty sure it's the Windows update, I mean what on earth should Laminar have done to cause this. It's been happening the past few days, long after RC3 has been released.

I had a drop to single digits today at 42000 feet - I didn't get around yet to check if I got this malware injected from Microsoft.

This might explain 2 instances of a drop to single digits on a flight from egcc to eddf, I recently flew. I can't remember it happening before so I'll check the updates. Great info.

Jon