Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

10.50 FPS Drop

As expected Windows wanted to reinstall this update.

Just right click on the update when offered and choose "hide update".  It will not come back.

John

John Wingold

Just right click on the update when offered and choose "hide update".  It will not come back.

Does this work in Windows 10? AFAIK not. Instead you need to force Windows to hide this update by download a small tool (a troubleshooter package) from Microsoft which allows to hide updates:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

But I'm not sure if this works. I hid the update yesterday, but today it nevertheless wanted to download.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Does this work in Windows 10?

Maybe not... I have used it on some non-microsoft (like drivers) and it worked.  Found this:

Windows 10 Home edition is the only version that is required to perform updates automatically in the background. Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise both allow deferment of updates.

If you're running Windows 10 Home edition, updates flow down from Microsoft automatically and install. There's nothing else you need to do. For some, though, this could cause a bit of trouble, particularly if driver updates are reported to cause problems.

Microsoft has made a tool available that allows all Windows 10 users to "hide" specific updates from the updating mechanism.

It's downloadable from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

John Wingold

I was getting 1 frame every 5 seconds but only above 14,000ft. Uninstalling KB3176938 solved the problem.

• Upvote 1

I was getting 1 frame every 5 seconds but only above 14,000ft. Uninstalling KB3176938 solved the problem

Maybe the altitude was just a coincidence. Did you switch windows while flying? Because for me the issue occured only after I left the X-Plane windows and returned to it later.

I was having the same problem with 10.50 - 3fps before I even got off the ground. Removing KB3176938 brought my frame rates back to normal.

Thanks to everyone for the heads up on this problem!

vFlyteAir, yes, you could be right. I used my other monitor monitor while letting the aircraft climb then came back to switch off the landing lights and passenger signs. The problem is the same in 10.45 and 10.50 so it's related to the Windows 10 and not X -Plane.

Yesterday a new update was issued (KB3189866), but the issue persists. Many users of other OpenGL games (RuneScape, D&D Online, even WoW in OpenGL mode) as well as viewers for Second Life (such as Firestorm) are affected. KB3189866 still includes the problem, because updates are cumulative.

So we have to hide both updates now. *sigh*

Thanks for the heads-up on that one.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Happens again with the latest KB 3194496.

Microsoft is working on it. Fix will probably come from NVidia (and AMD).