Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Victoria Canada scenery help

I have Jon Patch and Holger Sandmann's Victoria Plus Canada scenery (vicenh06.zip in the library) installed and when I am at Camel Point Heliport at dusk or night my sim crashes. During the day the scenery works fine.

When searching for a solution I found this. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/51989-vic-ctd-at-dawndusk/#entry336147 I do have the HS_trails_lm file, but my sim still crashes. I know it's not AI because the sim crashes with and without AI. Any ideas what could be wrong??

I Also have a question about a plane (or in this case a helicopter). While at this scenery I was flying the Nemeth Sikorsky S76 helicopter. And the only way I can turn my lights on is if I hit the "L" key. I did turn on the light switches in the cockpit, but the lights did not come on. Any idea why the lights don't come on with the switches? 

Re: Victoria Plus Canada scenery issue - it's likely to be a missing scenery .bmp, try running process monitor while at Camel Point again, then see which .bmp appears in the error log. If you have the bitmap, copy it into the main Texture folder. If you don't have it, copy and rename a similar one as the missing bitmap.

Try creating a separate thread for the heli question, there are plenty of rotorheads hovering around here to help!

This may be a dumb question but how the heck do you use process monitor??? I had the thing running when FS9 crashed but there was so many process monitor entries I couldn't find the point where the sim crashed.

Also I found out tonight I could start at another airport and fly to Camel Point heliport at disk and the sim didn't crash.

It could be a texture problem but not necessarily a missing texture; it could also be a texture that has not been formatted the same as the others. A single 32 bit unformatted texture amid a herd of DXT1 or DXT3 textures can cause this. Given that it happens at dusk (and during the night?) points in the direction of a night texture, so look at textures with the LM suffix (eg "hangar 12.bgl" would have a night version called "hangar 12_LM.bgl") and see if they are all the same format. If you don't know how, that is a whole other subject, but just for a start look with the eye at textures with the Windows image setting at "large icon"; if there is one that shows the texture instead of just the icon that is likely the one.

Ok I finally had time to try what rogwen suggested. I changed all the LM textures to DXT3 textures, but the sim still crashed at dusk and night when trying to load the Camel Point heliport (the scenery loads fine during the day). I can fly from another airport to the heliport at dusk and night and everything will work fine.

I don't know if this will help at all but I noticed that the sim crashed at 58% during loading.

So if it never got to the point of display, a texture problem is unlikely.

Nope. The sim crashes at 58% during loading.

Have you tried loading a flight with all AI disabled?

A bad AI texture could also cause problems.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif