Sign in to follow this  
lthendrix

FMC and GTN

Is there a way to only have one gtn and the fmc together   I would like that better.

No, there isn't. You can have both panels ready for use (I described the procedure in another thread), but not GTN and FMS at the same time.

Moreover, I have no recollection of any mod, for example by Bert Pieké, where the GTN does not cut the functionality of the FMC/FMS or whatever it is called on the appropriate aircraft. Either you choose the default configuration and the default navigation system or you opt for the GTN.

On a different note. Can you open the FMS window correctly? I have serious problems with it. While all other windows popup and are shown correctly, the FMS window is shown distorted here. Also, the FMS appears to correctly load your sim flight plan, which is good. However, while I could enter altitudes in the FPL page, I was so far unable to enter waypoints or procedures. Has anybody of you tried this?

I was so far unable to enter waypoints or procedures. Has anybody of you tried this?

The FMS 2D pop-up ok here, click or shift4. Manage to enter short flight plan, AT dep KCLM. entered TOU vor waypoint and then KHQM Arrival with ILS24 approach SOUPY.

Flight Plan showing on default GNS. not attempted to fly yet, may be this evening if I get chance.

bob

Okay, GTN + FMC is not possible.

But can you turn off one GTN or have only one GTN to save RAM and CPU resources?

______

Alexander

Alexander

Okay, GTN + FMC is not possible.

But can you turn off one GTN or have only one GTN to save RAM and CPU resources?

That's very easy.

Either use your F1 GTN Config tool and deactivate "GTN 750 U2" (or GTN 750 U1, according to your taste) or simply remove one of the appropriate GTN lines in the panel.cfg file:

Window06=Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY

Window08=Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U2 - DO NOT MODIFY