Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

StarVR near solves the resolution debate

This looks to be the one to watch IMO. Resolution seems to be good enough to read text and see detail.

http://www.starvr.com

It has a 5K display (two Quad HD panels sitting side-by-side) 2560x1440 per eye (vs 1200x1080 per eye Rift) with an equally mind-boggling 210-degree field of view.

Wow I suspect the price tag will be extream but I'll keep an eye on this. Gonna get a rift next week though.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It has a 5K display (two Quad HD panels sitting side-by-side) 2560x1440 per eye (vs 1200x1080 per eye Rift)

'5K', 'quad HD', 'per eye', blah. Cutting the crap, it has a stereoscopic 1440p display but stretched to 210 degrees. So basically resolution is comparable to a Rift but with double the FOV. Better, but it's still going to be fuzzy.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro