Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Is it the end of the road for Photoscenery in P3D?

I have been using the awesome NL2000 Project photoscenery for Neatherlands since FSX. I enhanced it with the recent purchase of Night Environment for Benelux.

I started at EHAM with 700MB VAS and I flew cardinal south....the VAS free started shrinking from 700...150 untii OOM before I left NL.

I deselected the NL completly and redid the exact flight.. and it started with 900MB VAS and went down to 400 or so and stayed there...

At UK (South) I use the VFR Horizon Photoscenery and I am unable to NE British Isle with a OOM at start up.. I removed the VFR Horizon and I was able to start up at UK EGLL.

It looks like large area of Photo textures and P3D don't seem to mix well.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have seen a lot of people post shots and videos of photoscenery in P3D that looks stunning.  Sounds like a technical issue with your system or scenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I've not had any problems, quite the opposite. I think P3D get it easy when using photoscenery.

Phil

I have been using the awesome NL2000 Project photoscenery for Neatherlands since FSX. I enhanced it with the recent purchase of Night Environment for Benelux.

I do not have P3D, but I can confirm that NL2000 sceneries are extremely heavy on frames. I had installed some in the past when I ran FSX classic, but I eventually removed them since my performance had dropped to an unacceptably low level in that area. Other photosceneries appear to have a much lower footprint on VAS and FPS. However, the combination of photoscenery + Orbx regions and Orbx global products affects performance significantly in some cases.

Both FSX Steam and P3D made an excellent work in optimizing VAS, yet we should never forget that we're talking about 32-bit software and that there are severe limitations when using several addons at the same time. Needless to say, whenever you use such sceneries, you should keep your sliders not too far right.

I use photoscenery extensively in P3D v3.3 and have no VAS issues but NL2000 does seem a hog as reported above (both FSX & P3D). I think there is some issue with scenery around Amsterdam that is the cause. I should add that my scenery sliders are fully to the right.

Gordon

P.S. Apart from freeware airports I do not use Orbyx. Only UTX and some freeware or low cost autogen.