Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

MU-28-60 GPS/Avionic problem?

I recently purchased the MU and I am having a problem with the GPS and the avionics.  I am unable to get the GPS or the WX radar to work.  After watching some videos I still can't figure out why there is no display.  Turning on the avionic switch all lites up except the GPS and WX.  I reinstalled and still no change.  I am using FSX-SE and DX10.  It appears everything else is working.

Note:  the GNS 530 works ok but no Wx radar.

Any help is appreciated. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl,

I also bought it recently. As far as I understood, the weather radar only works if you bought the WX Advantage radar. The GPS works for (one of the round knobs on the top left turns it on). Note that there are two models included. One is with default GPS, the other one (called GTN or similar) is only useful if you own the Flight1 GTN 750. Did you use the correct version for your setup?

Peter

Peter, if I understand you correctly I really have only the GNS 530 but no workable Wx radar or the other GTN unless I purchase certain add-ons.  The video's I watched did not show the 530 but the other unit with wx radar operating.  Since some of my planes have the GNS 530 and others only the GTN unit and wx radar shown in the VC. The knobs would turn but remained blank (black) with avionics switch on. The planes with the GNS 530 work with not problem.

I am not sure about the setup you mentioned.  I can use Shift 1 and 2.  The Shift 1 does show the GNS530 and works in some planes but will not show up in others since the other inoperable GTN unit is shown

I do hope this makes sense and thanks for your help.

Update:  Finally figured all this out.  I have to purchase the GTN750 and the WxRar separately (duh!) The other airplanes I have with the other GPS are the ones I think are modified to work with 750.  It looks like I will need to spend another $70 or more to get the GTN and Radar.  Would be curious on what others are using other than the default. I must say the documents are not the greatest.

Regards,

Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________