Sign in to follow this  
DjYing

FSX:SE Ground textures are mixed up and have glitchy spots

SCREENSHOT: http://imgur.com/1wCTYvk

I use ORBX FTX Global, reinstalled it several times already, always get the same result. I also use UTX Europe, but these glitches are all over the world. In Europe the textures seem to be less 'glitchy' patches like in the screenshot but more different sorts of city/rural textures mixed together even though they don't fit together.

For some reason I have a feeling my ORBX is forcing textures into my sim twice, but my FTX Central settings are all good.

Could I delete some .cfg files or texture databases or registry entries to fix this? I really don't want to reinstall FSX completely.

Also: since this started happening my ground textures started loading in A LOT slower, nearly all blurries until I kept my camera at them, then they started to sharpen.

Thanks a lot for any help!

This thread is a bit old, but I though I would chime in anyway for others who may have the same issue.

In the Orbx folder, there should be a sub-folder named "Scripts" In there are a few executables which need to be ran. I think one is called OrbxOC(?). I had this issue as well, funky blotches of messed up terrain. Once I ran the exe, which doesn't seem to do anything (no boxes or dialog) the issue was cleared right up.

Have you verified that your scenery library is in the proper order? There was a glitch with Orbx FTX Central v3 that arranged all of the entries in alphabetical order. This caused all sorts of weird scenery issues in my FSX-SE. I had to fix them manually. I think Orbx released an update that fixed that issue. It re-sorts the entries into their proper order, but I still had to fix some of my 3rd party stuff manually. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440