Sign in to follow this  
WarHorse47

Lighting

I just completed a night flight in the DO228.  During startup I had difficulty in getting all the interior lights on and was wondering if I was missing some light switches somewhere. 

For example, I couldn't get the cabin lighting or the general panel lights to turn on with the overhead switches ( I got the instrument and exterior lights okay).  I ended up using the keyboard "L" key for all the lights, then turning off what I didn't need.  

Any suggestions or am I missing something?

Thanks

--WH

Anybody??

Guess nobody has an answer or else nobody flies at night??

Once again I took a late evening flight and activated every overhead switch for internal lighting and still could not turn on the overhead light for the cockpit or the main passenger cabin.  So, there is no switch for these lights??

In the dark once again..  :wub:

--WH

By the EXT-Lights panel is an INT-Lights with two knobs, Panel and Inst.  The Panel knob must be rotated to read "Knob light panel (100)".  You have to hold your mouse over it for the pop-up message to appear.  I don't think the Inst. knob does anything, even though it has an on/off setting.

By the EXT-Lights panel is an INT-Lights with two knobs, Panel and Inst.  The Panel knob must be rotated to read "Knob light panel (100)".  You have to hold your mouse over it for the pop-up message to appear.  I don't think the Inst. knob does anything, even though it has an on/off setting.

Yes that's it, I was playing around with it last evening and was going to reply to WarHorse47 post suggesting it may a bug, anyways we got there in the end , thanks Curt.

bob

Got it.  Thanks, Carl.

I knew of the "panel" knob, but never turned it to 100% nor did I realize it turned on the cabin lights.  One would think the cabin switch would turn on the cabin lights.

What would I do without this forum.  :fool:

--WH

WH, you're welcome.  I think Carenado should release a document that illustrates what they modeled, and to what switches they modeled functions to.  I've found many "dummy" switches that click, but don't actually do anything. 

I don't think the Inst. knob does anything, even though it has an on/off setting.

This one switches the co-pilot's instruments lights on.

bob

This one switches the co-pilot's instruments lights on.

bob

Thanks, Bob, I missed that.