Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

POLL - FSLabs A320 "finished enough"

Is the FSLabs A320 "finished enough"?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is the FSLabs A320 "finished enough" for having Fun and a realistic experience?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys, just a short and simple question about the FSL A320. As this is an expensive one I want to find out if I should wait or if the Bus is ready!

In the FSLabs forum are tough a few bugs in discussion.

Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The bus is ready as long as you're OK with DX10 mode (and an additional $30 for Steve's DX10 Fixer) because performance wise the FSL A320 will hit your PC like a ton of bricks. This addon is easily the most complex addon ever developed for FSX.

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75

Yes, yes, yes!!!

This thing is THE long awaited Airbus addon for desktop simulation!

Even if they wouldn't change or add anything anymore, it would be worth every penny!

The attention to detail, its completeness, its graphical appearance, and the fantastic sounds make this piece of software an incredibly immersive experience!

The bus is ready as long as you're OK with DX10 mode (and an additional $30 for Steve's DX10 Fixer) because performance wise the FSL A320 will hit your PC like a ton of bricks. This addon is easily the most complex addon ever developed for FSX.

Not true. Running the FSL in DX9 without any problems. Nobody needs DX10 for it.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Not true. Running the FSL in DX9 without any problems. Nobody needs DX10 for it.

Depends on how low you set the sliders and how many other addons you have. FSL and Youtubers like Matt Davies all recommend DX10.

• Upvote 1

I have yet to have VAS drop below 1.6 gig, amazing aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Depends on how low you set the sliders and how many other addons you have. FSL and Youtubers like Matt Davies all recommend DX10.

Maybe they recommend it, but it is certainly not needed. And I only fly between add-on airports in 5910x1080 resolution. There is certainly no need whatsoever to purchase the fixer if one buys the FSX version only for the wait until the P3D version is released. That's what I'm doing.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Maybe they recommend it, but it is certainly not needed. And I only fly between add-on airports in 5910x1080 resolution. There is certainly no need whatsoever to purchase the fixer if one buys the FSX version only for the wait until the P3D version is released. That's what I'm doing.

Everyone have different setups, addons and PC specs, so I try to be conservative in estimating performance in other people's setups. I definitely found the A320 to be more performance hungry than any of the PMDG products, and the developers recommended going to DX10 in their documentation. In fact they give you a prompt when you load the aircraft in DX9.

Quote from one of the developers:

Using DX10 mode gives you better VAS management and better FPS. On my system the FPS difference is around 25%. So there's good reason to move to DX10. But if you have good frames and no OOM errors under DX9. you'd not be in any hurry to change that. 

Moving to DX10 is something that all prospective buyers should consider, especially if they're already running close to the margins of acceptable framerates/VAS with other addon aircraft e.g. PMDG

Everyone have different setups, addons and PC specs, so I try to be conservative in estimating performance in other people's setups. I definitely found the A320 to be more performance hungry than any of the PMDG products, and the developers recommended going to DX10 in their documentation. In fact they give you a prompt when you load the aircraft in DX9.

I'm not stopping anyone from buying this $30 fixer. However, in my personal opinion buying the fixer is just a waste of money if you go for the FSX version just to hold you over until the P3D version is released. For this short period of time, FSX in DX9 with lower sliders will be just fine. I get 20+ fps and no VAS problems even at heavy airports like Aerosoft's EDDF v2 (but without AI). And yes, the FSL is heavy on the system. But if you can't run it in DX9, I wouldn't expect vastly improved performance in DX10. Then you should buy a new rig if you want to run it...

And to answer the OP's question: Yes, it is ready. And yes, it is awesome...

I'll vote once it comes out for P3D. FSX just doesn't run or look as well as it should. I know the aircraft has a lot more potential, it's just the performance of FSX that makes it hard to fly for me.

• Upvote 1

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Lets see I love what they have done.  But I get continual auto pilot disconnects.  Zigzag on autoland and just had a crash to desktop.  Yet to complete a flight without some sort of issue.  I have a high end computer and graphics card and  I run Q400 PMDG 777 with no problems.  Hopefully they will iron out the little issues cause I really want to love this aircraft.  I spent a lot of money on it.  So will not give up to easily.  

Darcy

Thank you all for your voting and comments, this gives an good overview!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020