Sign in to follow this  
severniae

UK Farm strips

Hey,

Short but simple question..  Does anyone know of any good farm strips for download in the UK? Looking for something I could get a Cherokee/Cessna off of, and maybe perhaps a P-51 Mustang!!

Help as always much appreciated.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Search the file library here on AVSIM using the search phrase, Alf's UK airfrields. It should return 4 pages of what you are looking for. I only use one of his airfields as it is the one outside the town I live in, and you can certainly get a Cherokee and a Cessna in there. I hope it helps.

Aah great thanks a lot!

How do those sceneries stack up graphics wise? As long as they're reasonable looking and don't eat up fps I'll give them a go!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

The CIX scenery is free so why not give them a go.

I don't have a problem with frame rates and the scenery looks OK.

I also have UK2000's VFR scenery.

Hi James,

If you're looking for short strips to fly into in the UK and are willing to go for payware, then UK2000's VFR Airfields Volumes1-3 could provide what you are looking for. These 3 volumes are actually extremely good value with each containing 70-80 airfields, and all of the volumes have recently been updated to a Version 2, improving the quality of the airfield buildings etc. Although they are not FlyTampa standard, they still provide a very good and accurate depiction of a huge number of airfields in England and Wales are are well worth considering, in my opinion.

Bill