Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Please help. Microstuttering

Hi guys.

I try mamy times to have a smooth as my X-Plane 10 P3D but never achieved the objective.

Recently i upgraded to a 1070 and a 24' Gsync monitor. The other specs in my signature. 2600k 4,6Ghz HT Off and dedicated SSD.

Many many tests with in game settings but always results in a non smooth sim at all even with good FPS.

I have a very smooth sim with default ac and scenery and about 100Fps. Gsync works very well. But when i load an Aerosoft airport and PMDG 777 it have micro stuttering always. It have about 40Fps on ground but with some drops below 30. I tested many many setups but can't have smooth as silk.

Now i have NI only for SGSS 4x. NCP with max power and Gsync. 144hz.

Can you help me to get rid of those stutters?

Thanks

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

José, I think you should read the "Prepar3D Guide V1" written by Rob Ainscough available here at AVSIM.

http://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/

You might find your answers there.

With your setup, you should have fluid P3D experience.

Cheers

I just read it. I have tested many things and read many posts here and there but no luck.

I had installed P3D 3.3.5 before and unistalled. Maybe the files remaining that i does not deleted are possibly causing issues?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I have a very smooth sim with default ac and scenery and about 100Fps.

Goodness... you don't need 100 fps and that leaves very little time for each frame to be processed.  Try frame rate locking to give the process time to work and minimize the "long frames" that are characteristic of stutters.

Dan Downs KCRP

More tests.

Seems that with Gsync i have a pretty smooth sim, but noticed that sometimes FPS drops below 30 and possibly cause stutters. 

Is normal that FPS drops with my system and Aerosoft scenery and PMDG 777? 

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I have frame rate locked at 20 and it never drops below an average 19.6 with smooth animation.  Also using a 4k screen running at 30 Hz.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have poor FPS when locked

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I have poor FPS when locked

There are a few things you don't understand.  First, frame rate is not as important as smooth animation.  For example, a very high frame rate may suffer from stutters but a lower rate is smooth... which one do you want?

Dan Downs KCRP

There are a few things you don't understand.  First, frame rate is not as important as smooth animation.  For example, a very high frame rate may suffer from stutters but a lower rate is smooth... which one do you want?

When i lock FPS i get poor stutters.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Are you locking frame rate externally in NI? What are you setting for frame rate limit?  By any chance is the Aerosoft airport you have problems with the London Heathrow?  Basically, that one is a dog that no one gets good performance with (the airport scenery is 4.5GB,   your maximum VAS is 4GB, those developers need shot IMHO). I got rid of it and am happy with UK2000.

I have a 980Ti and a 4K TV that I run at 30 Hz, with P3D internally frame limited to 20 fps, VSync and Triple Buffering.  All is as smooth as silk including any airport except aerosoft EGLL.

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you locking frame rate externally in NI? What are you setting for frame rate limit?  By any chance is the Aerosoft airport you have problems with the London Heathrow?  Basically, that one is a dog that no one gets good performance with (the airport scenery is 4.5GB,   your maximum VAS is 4GB, those developers need shot IMHO). I got rid of it and am happy with UK2000.

I have a 980Ti and a 4K TV that I run at 30 Hz, with P3D internally frame limited to 20 fps, VSync and Triple Buffering.  All is as smooth as silk including any airport except aerosoft EGLL.

No. I lock in P3D. Tested many numbers but always unlocked resulted in a more smooth sensation

No i am testing in Malaga.

20 Frames is not a little bit?

Even, think that limiting Frames with Gsync is an error. Also my monitor can't run at 30Hz.

I have about 35-40 Fps in ground with 777 and As, and the sim is smooth, but some stutters because frame drops below this values.

Maybe i need an 6700k.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Today i will receive my new i7 6700k with an Asus Z170 Gaming Pro and 16GB of Ripjaws V 2400Mhz...

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Here I use Unlimited with monitor freq at 24, Dxtory limited at 24 and AM=340 .

With my very high detail in P3D this is running very smooth .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

What confuses me in this matter and in the Rob`s excellent guide is as follows. In the pictures at the beginning of the guide he recommends frames to be Unlimited. But later on the guide, he recommends to lock the frames -2 of the desired number and only to use Unlimited if the rig can maintain  e.g 60 fps. So,the question is, I can´t maintain 60fps,my monitor is at 60Hz, should I lock my frames? What about those pictures, which shows that even low end computer should use Unlimited?

Tapani Österberg

What confuses me in this matter and in the Rob`s excellent guide is as follows. In the pictures at the beginning of the guide he recommends frames to be Unlimited. But later on the guide, he recommends to lock the frames -2 of the desired number and only to use Unlimited if the rig can maintain  e.g 60 fps. So,the question is, I can´t maintain 60fps,my monitor is at 60Hz, should I lock my frames? What about those pictures, which shows that even low end computer should use Unlimited?

There is no one setting that works for everyone.  Also, there are interactions between many of the prepar3d.cfg file tweaks so it's too simplistic to say A or B works best.

Pick unlimited and see how things work for a couple hours, then pick a frame rate lock at..oh say 30 and see what happens.  Find the settings that work best for you.

Why the small font???  Make it hard to read.

Dan Downs KCRP