Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

Why do xplane payware addons Keeps dissapointing me

Hi am a newbie for xplane

The sim itself is outstanding , beautiful scenery ,very stable and smooth,brilliant flight modeling and failures simulation,Night lightining...OMG. Amazing job LR👍

Now comes the weak point and it has nothing to do with LR...payware addon aircrafts

I bought 2 aircrafts till now...and they both disspointed me big deal.

Alabeo aztec (not that bad but not good too) ,and the joke called JAR330

Now the 330 is almost 60$, and u get nothing

Very bad textures(airbus is not grey by any means!!!!)

Very bad flight model (not even close to real sims)

Very bad sys and warning simulation

Very bad sounds

Veeeeerry buggy

Am a real a330 f/o , ofcourse am not expecting to give me the real feeling of a real a330

But for 60$,this product is simply ######, i wont use it even if its freeware

And it is still getting amazing reviews!!!!!!!!!!wt....f

Why is that happening with xplane...its amazing platform that needs good developers to take care of

And it will fly ?!!!! (I mean payware devs)

Why there is no good quality airliners(except for the 767 )

The only thing i miss from my 22 years of FSX is PMDG's and some quality sceneries like flytampa and taxi2gate.

• Upvote 5

Well, if you are looking for high quality addons, I can recommend the IXEG 737, Saab 340 and Airfoil Labs Cessna 172. IMO The IXEG beats the PMDG for the immersion factor. Maybe we'll see PMDG release more addons for X-Plane in the future.

Whilst I somewhat agree about the quality of addons compared to FSX, you need to remember that this is still somewhat of a niche market in a niche market ;-). I can only guess that X-Plane development is not going to make any millionaires at the moment and devs are mostly doing this whilst working in other full-time jobs. Things will improve for sure, and it's really no different than what we have seen in the MS platform over the years. One thing I like about the IXEG 737 is that they seem to have done it for the love of the aircraft as opposed to making money (They took long enough to get it out ;-).

One thing I really miss is Majestic q400. The Saab comes close in immersion, but this is something that can still drag me back into FSX now and then.

• Upvote 6

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of buying it but in the videos I have seen on YouTube I am somewhat dissapointed. I also noticed that there was no 'retard' call at ten feet from the gpws system callouts.  After using the Aerosoft airbuses in P3D, I think I'll save my money.

Alabeo aztec (not that bad but not good too) ,and the joke called JAR330

Now the 330 is almost 60$, and u get nothing
Very bad textures(airbus is not grey by any means!!!!)
Very bad flight model (not even close to real sims)
Very bad sys and warning simulation
Very bad sounds
Veeeeerry buggy

Am a real a330 f/o , ofcourse am not expecting to give me the real feeling of a real a330
But for 60$,this product is simply ######, i wont use it even if its freeware

And it is still getting amazing reviews!!!!!!!!!!wt....f

Dave Taylor gb.png

Does the ixeg737 has good graphics and textures like the PMDG's?!

Absolutely, it's a stunning aircraft, and what amazes me are the framerates. There are plenty of videos on Youtube for you to judge yourself. The only downside is that it is the classic model without the bells and whistles such as a HUD, but graphically it surpasses the PMDG 737 (but the technology and lighting are more up-to-date in X-Plane so this is no surprise). Once you hear the roar of the engines as you speed down the runway, I'm sure you'll agree (even though you do this as a day job)

I was thinking of the 767 but now you changed my mind , specially that u seem to know what am i talking about.

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of buying it but in the videos I have seen on YouTube I am somewhat dissapointed. I also noticed that there was no 'retard' call at ten feet from the gpws system callouts.  After using the Aerosoft airbuses in P3D, I think I'll save my money.

Good decision

Actually i was thinking of posting a seperate topic to warn the guys here of this scam . Reveiws are

Very misleading

What do you think guys ?! I dont want to break any forum rules though?!!!

Guest JustanotherPilot

Does the ixeg737 has good graphics and textures like the PMDG's?!

In my opinion no, nor does any other  addon in any other platform.

Wow, that's a bit harsh. I love my PMDG NGX and 777 just as much as anyone here, but there are other developers producing some beautifully textured aircraft. I'd second Tony's endorsement of IXEG's 737, and for P3D, I think the FSL A320 and the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 are equal to any PMDG plane in appearance....but I'm biased in the case of one of those.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Yes

Ofcourse p3d hv many many quality and excellent payware addons

But what i am saying is that xplane is almost complete out of the box

(Except weather engine ofcourse)

All u need is just a good aircraft , and because the market is empty

It leaves space for money diggers to sell very bad quality products for

Unreasonable high prices , and reviewers are backing them!!!!!!!

So atleast there should be someone that warn people and newbie's of these products

Beacause people coming from fsx and p3d will always expect the same quality addons

For the same prices in xplane, and then fall in the trap ...like me

• Upvote 3

All u need is just a good aircraft

Well, you also need good scenery and this is something X-Plane isn't lacking in the freeware department (but is certainly lacking in the payware department and I've found payware is actually behind some freeware). Something X-Plane hugely excels at is helicopters and GA and for the sake of spending €19 on a helicopter and downloading photoimagery and merging with OSM scenery, it's pretty realistic and nothing beats flying low-and-slow over your own house and town

The best flight I've ever done in a sim was using X-Plane. The IXEG 737 and flying from Prague to Bergen using nothing but freeware scenery.  I've done this flight for real many times and the experience and views are spot on

Yes i totally agree with you

but the night lightining and default scenery is breathtaking that i

Dont mind having a somehow low quality airports ,i mean at least now i can hv sloppy runways

(Not railway ones) combined with stutter free flight and amazing flight models simulating crosswinds

And turbulence makes the landing challenging and so real

Also i hv to mention xplane freeware developers are amazing really

Only my two cents :)

I agree that the add-ons, in general, are lacking. IXEG is close but I would argue it still has bugs and is just not as polished as the equivalent PMDG NGX. There is no comparison between the VNAV capabilities between the two aircraft. The other issue with XP that disappoints me is the weather.

Today I flew the NGX around a line of thunderstorms upon departure that were spectacularly rendered in P3d with the corresponding turbulence and wind shear near them. Never have had this experience in XP despite skymaxx NOAA etc. 

Don't get me wrong I do like XP and fly it alot, I just wish the addons and weather were as good as Prep3d. PMDG DC-6 is a start.

• Upvote 3

I agree that the add-ons, in general, are lacking. IXEG is close but I would argue it still has bugs and is just not as polished as the equivalent PMDG NGX. There is no comparison between the VNAV capabilities between the two aircraft. The other issue with XP that disappoints me is the weather.

Today I flew the NGX around a line of thunderstorms upon departure that were spectacularly rendered in P3d with the corresponding turbulence and wind shear near them. Never have had this experience in XP despite skymaxx NOAA etc. 

Don't get me wrong I do like XP and fly it alot, I just wish the addons and weather were as good as Prep3d. PMDG DC-6 is a start.

am very optimistic about xplane11 ,am sure it will blow away any other sims based on the old fsx engine ,then devs will follow for sure

am very optimistic about xplane11 ,am sure it will blow away any other sims based on the old fsx engine ,then devs will follow for sure

That's what I thought about XP10...we'll see.

RE Thomason Jr.