Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

Why do xplane payware addons Keeps dissapointing me

I always believe that "60 dollars" is the benchmark for payware aircraft quality. >60 dollars, study level; <60 dollar, no study level. I think the majority of FSX/P3D based simmers will accept that (due to the PMDG pricing policy 69.95 for ngx). But X-Plane payware aircrafts don't follow the rule, which confuses a great number of FSX/P3D users who wants to try X-Plane. In their mind, payware aircrafts in X-Plane charging 60.95 should be on par with FSX counterparts, but in fact, "NO". Looking at those 60$ payware aircrafts in X-Plane market, can they compete with their FSX competitors in the FlightSim market? I don't think so. Unstable FMC is ruining the reputation.

Payware developers really need to re-think their pricing policies, when their products are not as great as PMDG or IXEG. We all know that your developing an aircraft is hard work and you indeed need to feed yourselves, but please, also consider the market acceptance - X-Plane add-on market is not solely independent, and X-Plane add-on will directly compete with FSX counterparts. If the product is study level, then your charging 60$ or even over 100$ will have little impact; but when the product is incomplete in major parts but still with a 60$ price, then not only your reputation but also the reputation of the whole X-Plane community will get ruined. BTW the developers will never make big money.

Then talking about the 330. I have mentioned numerous times about its ND drawing and FMGC operation at Jar's forum, their fb and .org, but no official reply, which really upsets me.

And for those "reviews": a number of those are biased. Only positive points but no neutral opinion. It's ridiculous to see all positive rates for those half baked projects.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane has always been a hit or miss for me. I've tried many times to really like it but I always go back to P3D. The only thing I really enjoy in X-Plane besides the fact that it's a 64bit platform and no VAS issues is the night lighting, which is exceptional. I'll give it that. But as far as payware scenery ard aircrafts, it has been a big let down for me. I have FF 777, 767, Jar's A320 A330, a few Carenado's... they are simply not on the same level as their P3D counterparts. Especially the weather depiction as well. I spent so much money on add-ons such as SMP, RWC, FSGRW, etc just trying to get clouds and weather looking nice like P3D, but it doesn't even compare. 

Another thing I don't like is the typical gloomy feel of X-Plane. Everything seems so dull. I even purchased Maxx XP to try to adjust the overall colors to see if that would help, but it didn't do much. Overall I feel P3D is much better, you have amazing third party add-ons and airfracts, tools, there's so much stuff for it. It's gonna take a lot to bring me back to X-Plane.

For the time being, I have taken a break from X-Plane. Hopefully X-Plane 11 will bring me back.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I always believe that "60 dollars" is the benchmark for payware aircraft quality. >60 dollars, study level; <60 dollar, no study level. I think the majority of FSX/P3D based simmers will accept that (due to the PMDG pricing policy 69.95 for ngx). But X-Plane payware aircrafts don't follow the rule, which confuses a great number of FSX/P3D users who wants to try X-Plane. In their mind, payware aircrafts in X-Plane charging 60.95 should be on par with FSX counterparts, but in fact, "NO". Looking at those 60$ payware aircrafts in X-Plane market, can they compete with their FSX competitors in the FlightSim market? I don't think so. Unstable FMC is ruining the reputation.

Payware developers really need to re-think their pricing policies, when their products are not as great as PMDG or IXEG. We all know that your developing an aircraft is hard work and you indeed need to feed yourselves, but please, also consider the market acceptance - X-Plane add-on market is not solely independent, and X-Plane add-on will directly compete with FSX counterparts. If the product is study level, then your charging 60$ or even over 100$ will have little impact; but when the product is incomplete in major parts but still with a 60$ price, then not only your reputation but also the reputation of the whole X-Plane community will get ruined. BTW the developers will never make big money.

Then talking about the 330. I have mentioned numerous times about its ND drawing and FMGC operation at Jar's forum, their fb and .org, but no official reply, which really upsets me.

And for those "reviews": a number of those are biased. Only positive points but no neutral opinion. It's ridiculous to see all positive rates for those half baked projects.

+1

We the community hv to speak up ,so these unwelcomed developers wont hit other victims

X-Plane has always been a hit or miss for me. I've tried many times to really like it but I always go back to P3D. The only thing I really enjoy in X-Plane besides the fact that it's a 64bit platform and no VAS issues is the night lighting, which is exceptional. I'll give it that. But as far as payware scenery ard aircrafts, it has been a big let down for me. I have FF 777, 767, Jar's A320 A330, a few Carenado's... they are simply not on the same level as their P3D counterparts. Especially the weather depiction as well. I spent so much money on add-ons such as SMP, RWC, FSGRW, etc just trying to get clouds and weather looking nice like P3D, but it doesn't even compare. 

Another thing I don't like is the typical gloomy feel of X-Plane. Everything seems so dull. I even purchased Maxx XP to try to adjust the overall colors to see if that would help, but it didn't do much. Overall I feel P3D is much better, you have amazing third party add-ons and airfracts, tools, there's so much stuff for it. It's gonna take a lot to bring me back to X-Plane.

For the time being, I have taken a break from X-Plane. Hopefully X-Plane 11 will bring me back.

I do agree with you in most parts, but dont forget that p3d is pain in the **s and will

Take a worth of money to make it look good and yet it wont look as good as xplane

I.e the scattered autogen,stutters,very bad flight models,railway runways,the overall very forgiving atmosphere..is a turn off For me and get me bored quickly even with excellent addons

Real flying is challenging and fun its the biggest joy of it

And xplane wins in this area hands down

I think that these sim has a potential that is not implemented in addons yet

Just imagine these brilliant developers of p3d were focused on xplane

Anyway it depends on every individual point of view

And the way u choose to fly

Pls dont take me wrong as a ###### :), i ve been simming 22 years with fsx and p3d

And enjoyed it too Am just expressing my opinion

• Upvote 3

Well this past week I have bought p3d and I'm trying it out and I like it, it's far better than fsx, I too have the ixeg 737 for plane and I think it's fantastic, the best but I just get a bit frustrated with the weather in X plane so now I'm driving myself up the wall because I'm liking p3d soooo much especially with active sky, the weather is a big one for me for the immersion factor. Anyway will see what happens in the future, I guess I will fly both ...... Cheers.

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

I totally agree with you, ayousry.

I have been simming for about 24 years now and totally converted to X-Plane 5 years ago. I can't go back to FS now because of the flightmodel and the overall "feel of flight" (also as you mentioned sloped runways etc.). On the other hand i feel sick looking at x-plane payware developers. Apart from very few exceptions (IXEG, LES, PMDG, Simcoders) - this will sound harsh to many - i consider majority of them SCAM. They build the hype, release very buggy/unfinished products, do not provide enough (if any) support. And then same developer months later announce another super-realistic airliner that gets released under the same "business model" as before (get the money and basically disappear). The reviews are praising them on release, as if none of the reviewers ever read any POH (with understanding) in their life.

I'm sure many will disagree with me and jump in to defend their developer of choice. But that's the way i see it and i finally had to let it out. I have tons of payware aircraft addons laying on my HDD that i don't even bother to install anymore...

• Upvote 7

Regards,

Radek

Also regarding photoimagery,

The author of Ortho4Xp has released a new version which is very easy to install on windows and make your own photo-scenery tiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrkoOhua80A

Marcel

Where can we get this new version?

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

But what i am saying is that xplane is almost complete out of the box
(Except weather engine ofcourse)

Complete out of the box ?, not even close

Seasons, Ai, ATC, Weather, all missing or poorly implemented. compared to P3D it lacks so much.

And lets be honest the number of really good payware addons is miniscule even after all these years Xplane  really only has a hand full of decently modelled aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Hi,

There's a link to his dropbox down on the left of Oscar pilote's posts on the Ortho4XP topic in the Scenery development section of the forum at x-plane.org.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90469-ortho4xp/&page=65

Marcel

Thx.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Real flying is challenging and fun its the biggest joy of it
And xplane wins in this area hands down

I disagree. My wife, kids, and friends have flown my plane for hours. They are not pilots. They didn't takeoff, they didn't land, and they didn't hold altitude perfectly.  I just never have, and perhaps never will, come to the conclusion that X-Plane is superior in

flight dynamics. My airplane was also light on the stick, semi-aerobatic, and could do about 210 mph.  It did require transition time from a Cessna or Piper. Otherwise, you'd be likely to run over those Cessna, Pipers in the pattern, or over control. For many years,

the Real Air SF260 & Lancair  (FSX) were my favorites for a long time.  I do like several payware planes for X-Plane these days. 

As to runways.  With 20,000+ runways in MSFS way back in the days, it was decided to leave them flattened. Otherwise, there would have been a ton of complaints. Every screwed up one, would have required hand fixing. Many X-Plane runways, using contour, are impossible to 

fly off of, or land on.  Some are highly exaggerated with grade. Sometimes, it's a nice feature. There are excellent 3rd party addons for FSX & P3D that have runways built into the side of hills, and are very authentic. 

I'm not trying to do an X-Plane chop here. I really like the program.  I just flew airplanes for a long time, built & owned them, and don't go along with assumptions that XP flight is so realistic over the competition, It is not. 

• Upvote 2

Complete out of the box ?, not even close

Seasons, Ai, ATC, Weather, all missing or poorly implemented. compared to P3D it lacks so much.

And lets be honest the number of really good payware addons is miniscule even after all these years Xplane  really only has a hand full of decently modelled aircraft.

Don't forget about poor sounds & a decent moving map. :smile:

I'm glad that someone other than me started this thread. I'm not an XP hater. I'm actually a real customer that invested time and money to learn the hard way that XP 10 is incomplete and that devs & sellers offer mediocre customer service. I've recently reinstalled 10.50 to see if there were any improvements and had to reactivate a few add-ons. Days later and I still can not activate the Saab 340. Pathetic!

Now I've read that 10.50 could be the last version. They expect simmers to pay to upgrade to XP 11. They have a better chance to win the Powerball than to get my $s.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm actually a real customer that invested time and money to learn the hard way that XP 10 is incomplete and that devs & sellers offer mediocre customer service.  Days later and I still can not activate the Saab 340. Pathetic!

Now I've read that 10.50 could be the last version. They expect simmers to pay to upgrade to XP 11. They have a better chance to win the Powerball than to get my $s.

Have you contacted X-Aviation support to help with activating the Saab?

Have you contacted ME to help with activation?  (I can say you have NOT to that one)

Have you posted your issue in the Saab forums regarding your issues about activation?

How many times have you activated the Saab, if more than once, in what period of time?

While we appreciate your business, there are ways to get things done, but labelling X-Aviation, Jim (the man who made the Saab systems) or myself (the 3D modeller and Flight Model author) "pathetic" and "offer mediocre customer service" is definitely not in that list and is not appreciated.

I can be reached on our Facebook page (where my average response time is 11 minutes and I reply to 100% of peoples questions or comments) or the appropriate forums.

EDIT:  My bad.  Response time is 13 minutes.

Screenshot (20).png

• Upvote 4

Have you contacted X-Aviation support to help with activating the Saab?

Have you contacted ME to help with activation?  (I can say you have NOT to that one)

Have you posted your issue in the Saab forums regarding your issues about activation?

How many times have you activated the Saab, if more than once, in what period of time?

While we appreciate your business, there are ways to get things done, but labelling X-Aviation, Jim (the man who made the Saab systems) or myself (the 3D modeller and Flight Model author) "pathetic" and "offer mediocre customer service" is definitely not in that list and is not appreciated.

I can be reached on our Facebook page (where my average response time is 11 minutes and I reply to 100% of peoples questions or comments) or the appropriate forums.

:good:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Don't forget about poor sounds & a decent moving map. :smile:

I'm glad that someone other than me started this thread. I'm not an XP hater. I'm actually a real customer that invested time and money to learn the hard way that XP 10 is incomplete and that devs & sellers offer mediocre customer service. I've recently reinstalled 10.50 to see if there were any improvements and had to reactivate a few add-ons. Days later and I still can not activate the Saab 340. Pathetic!

In order to place an "activation freeze" on your account and "run out of license slots" requiring intervention from support you have to re-install your OS or purchase three entirely new machines in the space of six months.

Please explain how this is unfair and how you've somehow exceeded it and I will adjust my care factor accordingly.

This is exacerbated by the fact that you claim that you are "coming back" to XP... this strikes me as very odd because if, as you say, you're coming back after some time, one would assume that any machines that you may have activated "in the past" would have already automatically expired leaving you with no intervention required.

You bought a License to Use the software. MOST companies grant a single concurrent use license. We grant a three machine license by default.

Additionally, we are working so you can de-activate your old machines at will without interaction from our support people but this, like all things, takes time and money.

Thank you for your understanding, I look forward to your detailed reply.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

I have recently bought Xplane along the Saab 340 and Javier fmc for the x737.

To be honest I have a hard time going back to p3d now. I agree that p3d is more complete but a lot of people here invested a lot of money to bring it to that level. I don't want to invest too much money in product like ftx and such, the fact that the texture are not blurry when flying, the great skycolors with hdr gives Xplane the edge to me. My $60 Xplane looks better than my $60 P3d and is a lot smoother.

• Upvote 2