Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

Why do xplane payware addons Keeps dissapointing me

The IXEG beats the PMDG for the immersion factor. Maybe we'll see PMDG release more addons for X-Plane in the future.
I go along with you 100%. I love the IXEG 737 Classic. Having said that I share the OP's opinion, too. I'm not going to point out any specific developer but it has happened twice, to me. The aircraft look sensational but not all of them deliver what is expected in the systems. I now deeply research every purchase.

Jon

I'm not trying to do an X-Plane chop here. I really like the program. I just flew airplanes for a long time, built & owned them, and don't go along with assumptions that XP flight is so realistic over the competition, It is not.

Do you mean that the competition (FSX,P3D) is more realistic ? Or maybe that they are equally realistic ?

Depends really upon what you want from XPX...if it's an immersive recreation of commercial airlining then it falls way short.

spacer.png

Have you contacted X-Aviation support to help with activating the Saab?

Have you contacted ME to help with activation?  (I can say you have NOT to that one)

Have you posted your issue in the Saab forums regarding your issues about activation?

How many times have you activated the Saab, if more than once, in what period of time?

While we appreciate your business, there are ways to get things done, but labelling X-Aviation, Jim (the man who made the Saab systems) or myself (the 3D modeller and Flight Model author) "pathetic" and "offer mediocre customer service" is definitely not in that list and is not appreciated.

I can be reached on our Facebook page (where my average response time is 11 minutes and I reply to 100% of peoples questions or comments) or the appropriate forums.

EDIT:  My bad.  Response time is 13 minutes.

attachicon.gifScreenshot (20).png

I have absolutely no problem with you or your product. I thought standard protocol is to contact seller. I did and I'm waiting for an answer.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Do you mean that the competition (FSX,P3D) is more realistic ? Or maybe that they are equally realistic ?

Much more equally.  A few years ago, I always considered X-Plane as a plane in serious need of re-rigging. I'd be stressed out after five minutes. Some thought that this was a challenge, and perhaps more realistic.  Wasn't until the last six months or so, that I figured I could live with X-Plane, if it was a choice. Happily, they are both still on the drive. 

Hi,

There's a link to his dropbox down on the left of Oscar pilote's posts on the Ortho4XP topic in the Scenery development section of the forum at x-plane.org.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90469-ortho4xp/&page=65

Marcel

This, in my opinion, is a failing for X Plane. It appears that in order to see photo realistic scenery, you have to make it yourself! Or be proficient in the art of Google searches for the treasure trove of scenery?

Installing freeware scenery runs the risk of installing projects of variable quality. Even some payware scenery has shortcomings. A recent install of a New York scenery, revealed large purple patches appearing around Newark?

I hope in the future, a developer can release an installable package of photo scenery that can simply be purchased and installed.

Flying over the basic X Plane scenery (in daytime) reminds me of FS 2002 or FS9. Considering this is a 64 bit simulator, running on machines many times more powerful than PC's in 2002, the scenery is disappointing, in my opinion.

As for add on aircraft, well as a hobbyist platform, I surmise we are not going to be seeing a Smiths Thales FMC anytime soon in an X Plane Airbus? If simulating a real FMC is what folks would like. As for a near accurate simulation, I would say the FJS 727 version 2, running the CIVA INS, or navigating via VOR, is the best airliner approximation I have seen in X Plane. But that's a historical simulation and may not appeal to simmers wanting up to date aircraft? However, FJS has developed an aircraft that simulates most of the aircraft systems required to satisfy the serious hobbyist flyer.

I hope things will improve for X Plane. I have invested some hard cash in it, but have decided to await further developments, before any more investment?

I have been flight simming since the original MS Flight:-)

Best Regards,

David

I disagree, on my system default p3d looks way worse than Xplane.

I think the availability of freeware scenery is an asset of Xplane. It's free, what's the risk? It's so easy to add/remove a scenery in xplane the risk taken is nil.

• Upvote 2

Well you really can't complain about free scenery when it's free?

Besides the results i get with Ortho4XP are very good, I even think it often looks better that the orbx regions that i have for P3D, it certainly looks more real.

Marcel

• Upvote 1

I have absolutely no problem with you or your product. I thought standard protocol is to contact seller. I did and I'm waiting for an answer.

The way you worded your original post has a very easy tendency to be interpreted as "The dev's and sellers offer mediocre support..." followed by a reference to the Saab.

I am more than willing to help in any way I can.  If a delay is causing you concern, I am always reachable and maybe I have an answer for you (depending on the circumstances).

As far as X-Aviation, there are probably valid reasons as to why there is a delay.  Just have some patience and you will be attended to.

I certainly hope you can get it activated soon.  

No hard feelings and let's just move on.

Most scenery I've generated with Ortho4XP beats the equivalent payware scenery I have in FSX (The exception being the expensive French VFR scenery). Additonally it has had a recent update that makes it even easier to use and install for Windows users. If you are waiting for a company to come along and sell such scenery, it's unlikely to happen on such a large scale because most of the sources (with the exception of USGS and NZ LINZ) can't be used in commercial scenery. 

In most cases, to generate a tile, I click 4 buttons, walk away for 20 mins and my tile is done. The new version will now do large areas in one go ;-)

• Upvote 1

I disagree. My wife, kids, and friends have flown my plane for hours. They are not pilots. They didn't takeoff, they didn't land, and they didn't hold altitude perfectly.  I just never have, and perhaps never will, come to the conclusion that X-Plane is superior in

flight dynamics. My airplane was also light on the stick, semi-aerobatic, and could do about 210 mph.  It did require transition time from a Cessna or Piper. Otherwise, you'd be likely to run over those Cessna, Pipers in the pattern, or over control. For many years,

the Real Air SF260 & Lancair  (FSX) were my favorites for a long time.  I do like several payware planes for X-Plane these days. 

As to runways.  With 20,000+ runways in MSFS way back in the days, it was decided to leave them flattened. Otherwise, there would have been a ton of complaints. Every screwed up one, would have required hand fixing. Many X-Plane runways, using contour, are impossible to 

fly off of, or land on.  Some are highly exaggerated with grade. Sometimes, it's a nice feature. There are excellent 3rd party addons for FSX & P3D that have runways built into the side of hills, and are very authentic. 

I'm not trying to do an X-Plane chop here. I really like the program.  I just flew airplanes for a long time, built & owned them, and don't go along with assumptions that XP flight is so realistic over the competition, It is not.

Well with all my respect to your experience i do have 5000hrs on b738 , 2000hrs on a330

, 400 on c172 and few hours on beachcraft , and i can confirm that xplane is the best flight modelled civil aviation sim on 2d screen ive used in 22years simming both on fsx and p3d

But anyway you cant get the real feeling at home even levelD sims wont do that but i mean its

The closest among others .

Am not trying to argue or compare ,its just my personal opinion

• Upvote 5

Well with all my respect to your experience i do have 5000hrs on b738 , 2000hrs on a330

, 400 on c172 and few hours on beachcraft , and i can confirm that xplane is the best flight modelled civil aviation sim on 2d screen ive used in 22years simming both on fsx and p3d

But anyway you cant get the real feeling at home even levelD sims wont do that but i mean its

The closest among others .

Am not trying to argue or compare ,its just my personal opinion

On the other hand, I've flown the Pitts, Marchetti SF260, tons of Van's RVs, and stuff like that. I just didn't fly airliners.  I also started flight simming at the beginning. Did the betas for three versions of MSFS. I didn't like the X-Plane flight model. Too twitchy, it suffered from a bad case of dutch roll, and had horrible problems with torque.  I'm very familiar with torque from high powered engines on small planes. P-51's, F4U Corsair, Douglas Skyraider, etc.   X-Plane gave the simmer the feeling that we're suppose to be holding hard opposite aileron as the plane lifts off the runway.  And many simmers thought that to be reality.  I'm very aware of those three aircraft rolling over on their backs, in high power/low airspeed situations, but it's not the norm.  For instance, simmers were thinking that a Cirrus with a six banger would require a lot more right aileron on the initial climb, than a Cessna 4 cylinder.  In reality, the wing's lift  is far outdoing the torque, by the time we rotate.  I knew a Skyraider pilot who flew in Vietnam. When I raised the X-Plane question................he said " wrong control, it's all rudder ".   These problems have been resolved. Much of what I did, in the field of experimental aviation, was help getting kinks out of the rigging. 

For many years, when I'd get home from flying my Van's RV6, it was the Real Air Marchetti SF260, that felt most like the real thing.  With something such as a touch & go, I called my little RV (C/S prop) a torque monster. It would push hard on the left wheel, and took a fair amount of right rudder, as well as some aileron help, while still on the runway. But by rotation, I'd be off the aileron, and just using right rudder. X-Plane wasn't doing that. It would constantly left roll. 

LAdamson, you should keep a copy-and-paste post about the subject somewhere on your pc. In all these years, you'd have saved a lot of hours (I'm not exaggerating) instead of re-writing exactly the same things every time. :smile:

• Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]