Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

Why do xplane payware addons Keeps dissapointing me

Well i think this post subject is going somewhere else :) 😄

Anyways i appreciate both sims, and i think that xplane needs

Some good marketing and more good developers to shine

And it has this potential to be the best sim ever made .

Again my two cents

What X-Plane needs is good, high quality add-ons. That's where it's lacking. Especially in the aircraft department. Once we see PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs, A2A, RealAir, etc start developing for X-Plane, that's when it will get better. Without that X-Plane is pretty much stale, even with the abundant amount of freeware being offered, a majority of it is not on same level. This is just purely my opinion. I really want to enjoy X-Plane, but it's been letting me down ever since 10.0.0, I keep coming back hoping to see a change that will make me want to enjoy it more, but in the end, it's back to P3D.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What X-Plane needs is good, high quality add-ons. That's where it's lacking. Especially in the aircraft department. Once we see PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs, A2A, RealAir, etc start developing for X-Plane, that's when it will get better. Without that X-Plane is pretty much stale, even with the abundant amount of freeware being offered, a majority of it is not on same level. This is just purely my opinion. I really want to enjoy X-Plane, but it's been letting me down ever since 10.0.0, I keep coming back hoping to see a change that will make me want to enjoy it more, but in the end, it's back to P3D.

Ameen ✋

Try the ixeg737 if u like airliners ,has been reccomended by great guys here ,just bought it 2 days ago

And its great , you can read previous posts

• Upvote 1

What X-Plane needs is good, high quality add-ons

I seriously don't get what the measure and the context is when people say "good" addons are lacking.

In school a "good" is a B (or 2 in Germany), which basically means "80 to 89 percent" fulfilled. But most of your examples from the FSX world (esp. PMDG, A2A and FSLabs) I would consider to be "very good" (A or 1, or 91 to 100 percent).

I wonder why the IXEG 737, the Saab 340, the FF 767 or the REP-enhanced Carenados are not at least "good" in your opinion. What are, for you, the 21 to 30% percent missing in these cases?

Or do you basically say "I don't accept anything below 'very good', and 'very good' is just 'good' (enough) for me"?

Edit: Asked in another way: Are you approaching from the "serious" simulation point of view, or do you consider desktop sims more to be a game for entertainment? I'm asking because the older I get, it's more and more a game for me; the serious aspects get secondary. But I think about that a lot.

• Upvote 4

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Just had a thought.

People screaming for PMDG, A2A, FSLabs to move to X-Plane.  Has it occurred to any of you that an FSX developer, as good as they are, moving to X-Plane, would have severely limited to zero knowledge of how to create a complete aircraft for X-Plane, which includes custom systems, etc...?

Learning the intricacies of Planemaker, the X-Plane SDK, manipulators, datarefs, etc... is by no means a walk in the park.

That's usually when they hire an X-Plane developer to help.  An X Plane developer you MAY have criticised in this very thread.

If all you are waiting for are the top 2% of FSX developers to come to X-Plane, with little to no knowledge of how X-Plane works, only for them to depend on a dedicated X Plane developer to get their product working in X-Plane, you may be missing out on some great X-Plane aircraft, made by some talented people.

While I agree that some payware is grossly overpriced, don't go painting all developers with the same brush.

Just my $0.02

• Upvote 5

The way you worded your original post has a very easy tendency to be interpreted as "The dev's and sellers offer mediocre support..." followed by a reference to the Saab.

I am more than willing to help in any way I can.  If a delay is causing you concern, I am always reachable and maybe I have an answer for you (depending on the circumstances).

As far as X-Aviation, there are probably valid reasons as to why there is a delay.  Just have some patience and you will be attended to.

I certainly hope you can get it activated soon.  

No hard feelings and let's just move on.

It's activated now.

This thread is all over the place. I commented on an unfinished XP 10.50 and threw in the Saab 340 because I was not able to activate it. I saw request a reset in my account and I thought I needed an activation reset. I waited for a response that didn't come because there was no problem with activation.

I should have not brought up the Saab 340. It's one of the best add-ons for XP and as we all can see the developer is always willing to help. It was my mistake and I apologize.

What I should have written is that there are some great add-ons for XP if we simply ask the community.

Different day, different attitude! :wub:

• Upvote 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I seriously don't get what the measure and the context is when people say "good" addons are lacking.

It's user bias, basically. We aren't all looking for the same thing in a flight sim. I understand the frustration of people who only want to fly the heavies, because we're only just starting to get good models in that area. 

Me, I couldn't care less about flying airliners. I love flying X-Plane because it gives me the best impression of flight (subjective, I know) in the modern and vintage bush planes I like to fly, and there are several very good models available in that area. I also spend a lot of time flying helicopters in flight sims, and I don't believe there is anything better right now for civilian helicopters than X-Plane. We have some great payware in that area like the X-Trident Bell 412 and the Dreamfoil models, Of course you'll never know that, if you're not into helicopters.

So I hope those interested in airliners get what they want. Personally, I'm happy with the current payware situation because there are enough very good planes/helos in my area of interest, and X-Plane provides the smooth and hassle-free flight experience to enjoy them. I do hope for better weather modeling in the near future, so that's an area where my interests coincide with airliner sim pilots.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

if i was a f/o of an a330, i wouldn't mess up with with sims.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

:shok:

Regards,

Radek

Real world pilots are a very important part of the flight simulation community (regardless which sim). I'm very lucky they are with us.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

yeah but they have to chance to access realistic million dolar simulators :)

and yes you are right we are very lucky because we have them around here

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

I've often wondered why a real airliner pilot would want to come home and fire up a sim to do what he/she does all day in work anyway, but it's actually pretty common in other sims as well, e.g. Euro truck simulator.

Wow😄 , well its a valid query bro , i think

I have many reasons

1-bec for me aviation is not only a job its an hobby in the first place,

In airline world u hv many restrictions and rules you have to follow,

U cant do a steep turn with 300 pax on board 😄,you cant even hand fly it for a whole flight

,actually we engage a/p at 100' on airbuses!!! , but i can do that

In a sim, i can try things that i cant do in real life,somehow gives me some

Satisfaction, also vor or NDB approaches are rarley done these days for example

2-i use it for training before my intials or recurrents,i used to fly the pmdg737

Before i actually flew it for real , on my first session i was very familiar with MCP

And fmc programming , the instructor was very surprised 😝.

Also failures simulation will keep ur systems and memory items studies always fresh.

3-its where i started in the first place , it reminds me of the good old days when i was trying

To land with 300kts vref on MSFS98. 😂

4-bec its fun

And yes we hv access for LEVELD sim ,for 4 hours every 6 month !!!!😄

I hope i answered your question

I've often wondered why a real airliner pilot would want to come home and fire up a sim to do what he/she does all day in work anyway, but it's actually pretty common in other sims as well, e.g. Euro truck simulator.

Well in real life i fly a330 , on sims i fly a bonanza , IXEG737(thx to u) , and even military aircrafton DCS , its not the same thing at all

As for "we need developer X to come and make planes for X-Plane!", PMDG already showed how it would like that. Okay model with dumbed down engine behaviour, beyond atrocious flight model and stock XP's GNS. I am with @GoranM on this.

I've not used it myself, but remember it's a new platform for them and this addon was a test bed for them. Just because they produce high-quality addons for FSX doesn't mean they will automatically do the same for X-Plane, it's a completely different system and unknown terrain for them. The developers we currently have on X-Plane already have experience and will improve over time (not all will of course). I'm not holding out waiting for FSX developers to come to X-Plane, rather I'm looking at the talent we already have moving to next level.

Well in real life i fly a330 , on sims i fly a bonanza , IXEG737(thx to u) , and even military aircrafton DCS , its not the same thing at all

So basically it's a bit of fun (or dare I say, a game) and not a serious tool you use for simulation, which is a very different thing