Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Climb rate

I understand that high TAT causes climb rate issues. What am I suppose to do when this occurs? I'm at Tpa and my TAT is 35c. I can't exceed 199 knots level flight. Is there something I need to do to work around that?

Josh Scholl

There is probably an add-on that causes this.  You can try troublshooting to see which it is, or maybe just selecting clear weather (no weather) might reset it.  You didn't provide much info to go on. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Is there something I need to do to work around that?

Buy a weather engine like AS16.

Were you on the ground or flying when you saw a TAT of 35C? If flying, at what altitude and do you remember what the OAT was? I have never had a problem with AS16 or ASN. ASE and Active Sky 2012 when first released had a problem with high OAT at two waypoints over the North Sea but nothing since then. HiFi Technologies corrected it after I submitted a ticket to them.

I don't remember what the OAT was but I was on the ground at Tampa international. I had a cruise altitude of FL340 but it wouldn't pass 7000. After flying for an hour or so the TAT was down to 12, but still more airspeed was 186. I shut FSX down a few times and ASN hoping it would fix it but it didn't. My 2.5 hr flight was over 5 hours long.

Josh Scholl

I don't remember what the OAT was but I was on the ground at Tampa international. I had a cruise altitude of FL340 but it wouldn't pass 7000. After flying for an hour or so the TAT was down to 12, but still more airspeed was 186. I shut FSX down a few times and ASN hoping it would fix it but it didn't. My 2.5 hr flight was over 5 hours long.

Do you have FSUIPC? If so, go into your sim\modules folder, and take the FSUIPC.ini out (put it on the main FSX/P3D folder temporarily). If the issue goes away, then you have a setting in your FSUIPC.ini causing an issue. This is usually a flaps axis or something similar.

Kyle Rodgers

As Kyle says, I very much doubt that your problems have anything to do with the temperature or Activesky.

Let's sanity check that for a moment -- 35C is a fairly typical daytime temperature in Florida (and indeed might even be considered fairly mild in some places). At a lapse rate of around 2C per 1000ft, an OAT of 12C at 7000ft is actually quite cool if the temperature on the ground is 35C.

Aeroplanes take off and climb to cruising levels quite comfortably every day from airports where the temperature is 35+C. A TAT of +35C at FL350 would be a problem, but this does not appear to be the case here.

Therefore, the problem probably lies elsewhere -- my first suspicion is the same as Kyle's, if your flaps are assigned to a hardware axis this is known to cause problems.

I found out my throttle axis was assigned in fsuipc and fsx controls. My profile was undereally my C182 profile. I don't know if that was the case, but I tried another flight out of Tampa with a TAT I'd 27c with no issues. I hope that was the culprit.

Josh Scholl