Sign in to follow this  
ukplane4

UPDATE: Carenado's Very Similar Bizz Jet

Which one is better for P3D  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Careando's CJ2 or S550?

Hello after my recent thread i now have the GTN750.

Now i need to know which one to get.

Regarding the CJ2 and S550 = They seem to have different character but very similar specs

I fly exclusively on Vatsim with an average flight in the 300-500nm range.

My RW experience with private jet's as a pax is limited to the citation mustang but that's just too slow especially on econ cruise hence why i'm not including the Flight 1 mustang which btw appears to be still a top release,

Questions

The FONTS on the CJ2 PFD/MFD look really tiny and difficult to see can some one confirm this?

I've heard about the Eaglesoft XLS do you think i should wait? do you think it close to release?

Poll above

To be honest I find Carenado's efforts woeful, so I would either:

1. Stick with the Mustang

2. Wait for the XLS

3. Get either Eaglesoft CX, Lionheart Lear 24b or XP Lear 25 (?) for more speed now

Depending on your patience level of course. XLS was looking good from shots and video this time last year, so who knows when we will see it. I don't have the XP Lear, but the 24 is great fun - ridiculously quick with steam gauges, the CX has great systems and full glass.

G

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that you don't already have the Mustang - strike option 1.

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

If you have a powerful rig the XPJets Lear25D is really nice. It's not a 3D GTN 750 integration, but it will fit in the Lear nicely

It is actually slightly slower than the Lionheart Lear24B - but the graphics sound, systems and FDE is better in the Lear25

Otherwise the ES Citation is very good and the fastest sim jet there is

The C550 is actually quite slow - I think VMO is around 407 KTAS? The CJ2 isn't much better.

Edit: I have it backwards

The C550 is around 380 KTAS and the CJ2 is 407 KTAS

One of these days I'll make a chart with payware jets and their speeds and rough level of detail.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One of these days I'll make a chart with payware jets and their speeds and rough level of detail.

That would definitely be interesting to see - just in case there is much I missed whilst I was "away" from FS !!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

"The FONTS on the CJ2 PFD/MFD look really tiny and difficult to see can some one confirm this?"

They are, but there are 2D popouts that make the displays readable enough in flight

Hans Soule

"The FONTS on the CJ2 PFD/MFD look really tiny and difficult to see can some one confirm this?"

They are, but there are 2D popouts that make the displays readable enough in flight

But 2d pop ups ain't my cup of tea.

Does the 850 also have really tiny fonts?

Meaning the S550 and 300 are easier to view?

I also saw in the features that both the CJ2 and S550 have instrument reflections that you can remove do they have an impact on FPS for a low spec pc?