Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

Cabin Pressure

Hello everyone

I just read this fascinating article with the link below

Boeing is making a major change to its planes that could end jet lag as we know it

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/boeing-is-making-a-major-change-to-its-planes-that-could-end-jet-lag-as-we-know-it/ar-AAiJzzP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

It says Boeing has lowered 787 Cabin pressure to 6000 feet versus the 777 which is set to 8000 feet because of the new composite material

The interesting part is that it is very beneficial to passengers and Jet lag on long flights

Is this modeled in the PMDG 777
I  can see FLT ALT and LDG ALT

But there no cabin pressure upon takeoff.

Thank You

Bill Hagag

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

This is a 787 feature, which of course is not modeled in the 777.  Select AIR to see cabin pressure numbers on upper DU. During takeoff, there is a small positive pressurization prior to rotation for a smooth transition to cabin climb. See FCOM 2.30.1

Also, the 787 does not use bleed for cabin pressurization.  It has two banks of four powerful electric fans.

Dan Downs KCRP

Boeing is making a major change to its planes that could end jet lag as we know it

That headline you quote is very misleading. It may reduce jet lag effects but it is never going to end it. Even if cabin pressure could be made to be sea level, time zone change would still have a significant effect people.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I Agree

The Heading said "ending jet leg" but the article says reducing the effects of Jet Lag and enhancing Oxygen %

There is no denying crossing time zones and sleep deprivation

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Apparently the 777-9 and -8 will also have this, despite being AlLi