Sign in to follow this  

Tool tips questions

Whenever I fly with VOR only I like to set the various VOR gauges to the EXACT radial and also my heading to the EXACT heading I want. I can only get this done by using the tool tips. However, when I enable tool tips I constantly see tool tips appear when I move my mouse in the VC. This in itself isn't a real problem but the immense stutter each tool tips gives me certainly is. Very annoying. Specially when I have to drag my mouse over larger distances and various tool tips temporarily ruin my performance. As it is now I tend to enable the tool tips to set everything up and then disable them again. This is a bit cumbersome... So I was wondering:

1. Is there a way to create a shortcut to enable and disable tool tips? (There isn't by default.)

2. Is there another way to set the exact radials and headings?

3. If the answers to the above are both NO: is there a way to edit the tool tips for a plane? So I only see them where I want them?

BTW It is amazing how a tool tips pauses the sim... I wonder what is causing such a huge spike.

Whenever I fly with VOR only I like to set the various VOR gauges to the EXACT radial and also my heading to the EXACT heading I want. I can only get this done by using the tool tips. However, when I enable tool tips I constantly see tool tips appear when I move my mouse in the VC. This in itself isn't a real problem but the immense stutter each tool tips gives me certainly is. Very annoying. Specially when I have to drag my mouse over larger distances and various tool tips temporarily ruin my performance. As it is now I tend to enable the tool tips to set everything up and then disable them again. This is a bit cumbersome... So I was wondering:

1. Is there a way to create a shortcut to enable and disable tool tips? (There isn't by default.)

2. Is there another way to set the exact radials and headings?

3. If the answers to the above are both NO: is there a way to edit the tool tips for a plane? So I only see them where I want them?

BTW It is amazing how a tool tips pauses the sim... I wonder what is causing such a huge spike.

radically wrong performance...what aircraft are we talking about?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Unrealistic.  Are you aware that a VOR receiver and OBS indicator are within FAA tolerances for IFR flight if they are within +/- 6 deg?  The digital age has allowed us to put a three digit number in a display window but that doesn't mean the system performs to the exact degree of bearing, real world.  Of course in a PC-based computer simulator I can see how this misconception arises but it is unrealistic.

Any FAA IFR check ride will go well if you maintain heading within +/- 5 deg of cleared heading.  Hold altitude within 50 feet is probably the most challenging unless you have an autopilot of course.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't have that problem J, I have to set mouse on something and let it set there for a second or two before it activates tool tips.

Just running across the screen wouldn't possibly activate a tool tip. tool tips have never paused the sim for me.

Maybe you somehow set something on "High Priority" associated with tool tips??

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

There are some developers who use an abundance of TT which can get quite annoying. Most of the time, I have to pause over the item a second to get the TT.

If you're getting them as you move the mouse, I also suspect something is amiss.

Not at my flight computer but scroll through the assignments in the Options/Controls - I seem to recall there are settings to select the Nav and to  increment and decrement the settings.

Check here:  http://uraster.com/en-us/articles/prepar3dcompletecommandslist.aspx

Pretty sure you select the NAV - then select the OBS - then the +- keys.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors