Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Virtual Cockpit Views and Movement - What software/Hardware to use

Folks,

I've noticed in a lot of videos how easy it seems for users to quickly move around the virtual cockpit in the PMDG, Aerosoft, etc add-ons. What software/hardware should I consider to add this level of realism to my sim?

I've see Track-IR, but prefer not to have to wear a hat or visor when simming.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Busdriver

EZDok is what you want. It's a camera add-on that lets you set and configure your own camera views and bind them to keys or buttons. Essential.

Ezdok is what I use. Works very well. Very customizable. Not intuitive to use so be ready to read the manual.

I use Aivlasoft EasyCam.

Will cost you  about 9 eur and is super easy to setup and use.

It allows a 7 day trial before you decide to buy.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/74.html

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I use Aivlasoft EasyCam.

Looks nice.

Nevertheless you only can define max of 10 views, and apparently no external views.

Therefore I would advise Ezdok too, although it has a bit cumbersome interface.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

If you fly with headphones instead of external speakers, Track-IR has a thing (Track-Pro?) that clips to the headphones, so you don't have to wear a hat or a visor.  I've used it for four years without trouble.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Track IR and get the Track hat pro which goes on the side of your headphones...no cap required...

Dave

I use TrackIR with the TrackClip Pro also. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

How do you easily switch views with EzDok? Do you use the keyboard?

You use the keyboard, joystick or you can click them in the ezdok client. I use a preset for the main forward view, overhead and pedistal assigned to number keys 1, 2, 3 respectively. I use Shift+1, Shift+2 etc for external cameras and wing views. Works extremely well.

I had track IR and wasn't a big fan. Works great in DCS for fighters but anything else isn't very well suited. Clicking things on the panel is more of a challenge with track IR since you can to be aware of your head movements to make sure you don't miss click. Also, gotta wear a thing on your head. Meh, it's definitely a powerful product but wasn't for me.

Friends, I can't really say anything about this yet, but you might want to take a look at THIS THREAD.  It's something REALLY special!

Oh... and just a little plug... if you haven't heard about the upcoming Live Flight Sim Web Conference on September 24th, please take a look HERE, it's a special event produced for the community.

Best wishes to everyone for Happy Flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Friends, I can't really say anything about this yet, but you might want to take a look at THIS THREAD.  It's something REALLY special!​

Sorry, but I went to this site and found nothing related to this thread.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I've never been interested in EZdoc for years, finally gave it a go... took a while to get my head around it. Now I love it. I managed to get things setup to where I can use it pretty well. I don't know why I fought using it for so long. I've got it setup on about half of the planes I usually fly, I think it is really nice. Once you figure it out, you can use TIR, hat , keyboard and joystick buttons together. I've managed to keep to the same setup for all planes, less confusing that way. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's