Sign in to follow this  
molleh

P3D 3.3 looking great with the newest PTA

still can't figure out what settings to use to darken cloud shadows like that.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

still can't figure out what settings to use to darken cloud shadows like that.

I'm actually just using all the default lighting settings in PTA.

Are you using HDR? I uninstalled PTA because I didn't want to do HDR

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Are you using HDR? I uninstalled PTA because I didn't want to do HDR

You don't have to use HDR at all.   I've been using PTA since it came out and I have never once used HDR.  There is a section in PTA where you can tune HDR if you are using it though...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Ok what is the easiest way to get P3D to look like the shots above? Just install it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok what is the easiest way to get P3D to look like the shots above? Just install it?

I would like to know this as well.

I installed the other one (Ultimate realism something?) a while back and cloud shadows were pixelated/jagged-got rid of it right quick.

Yup, there are already default presets so you can start with those and change things as you wish.  The OP mentioned those images are all with default PTA settings I believe. It's really a great tool....turns it into a new sim IMHO!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hmmmm, I get the ground textures are different but I don't think mine looks like the OP's.  Everyting in the lighting tab is checked and the raleigh scattering under "terrain and fog" tab is checked.  Then I applied with F9.

Is that what you did OP?

ptadefault.jpg

I guess it looks ok with more raliegh scattering... but I need some brightness

pdx.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

HDR is on in my pics and IMO is required to getting a realistic look. If you don't like HDR because of the night time exposure issues there are ways around that. I run these settings in my Prepar3D.cfg. The tonemap and brightness settings are key to achieve a bright, sunny day while still having a dark night.

HDR_BRIGHTNESS=1.500000
HDR_BLOOM_THRESHOLD=3.000000
HDR_BLOOM_MAGNITUDE=0.250000
HDR_BLOOM_BLUR_SIGMA=0.800000
TONEMAP_DAY_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.300000
TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.050000
HDR_SATURATION=1.250000

The other thing that is super important is sky textures, and the row of pixels along the top of those textures (i.e. the ones that ReShade modifies to do what it does.) So far, out of every sky texture I have ever tried, HDE v2 is still the most even-looking, realistic set with good cloud and object lighting. Also I think I might have made a couple of small tweaks to other settings in PTA, and I *don't* use the color mapping shaders that it comes with, only the "core" shaders tweaks.

I'll try running hdr again - see if I can stand it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |