Hi,

Thinking of changing my old LG to Dell.

My sim is P3D, video card is NVIDIA760.

I found two models which i'm particularly interested

1. Dell Ultrasharp 29 Ultrawide U2913WM

2. Dell Ultrasharp 34 Curved Ultrawide U3415W

My questions are:

- how ultrawide monitors ( generally ) fit to our sim hobby ?

- how VC is represented with 21:9 proportions ?

- curved monitor, is it a good idea in general ?

- any distortions or other issues noted on mentioned monitors ?

Thanks for feedback.

Artur 

Look here:

Edited by Jim Young
Link to FlightSim removed. AVSIM has reviews too. Please do not post links to competing websites.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Perhaps the following link here at AVSIM will help - http://www.avsim.com/topic/472977-dell-ultrasharp-u3415w-34-curved-monitor/?hl=%20u3415w

I found hundreds of topics regarding this topic just searching this forum by using the following keyword - u3415w.  Being a happy owner of this monitor, I highly recommend it.  It has a great price too.

I think most of the people called "experts" on the Internet say curved monitors are just a gimmick.  The Dell 3415w is slightly curved and hard to see the curve.  As in 16:9, the VC looks great at 21:9.  I use a GTX 780 to power my two monitors (only the u3415w is used for FSX/P3D).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just got the Dell 3415w a few weeks ago. It really adds to the immersive experience. Warranty is excellent. A few weeks ago Dell had it on sale for a weekend and the price was too good to pass up.

7 or 8 years ago I bought a 27" dell ultrasharp and was blown away by it so much so that I ran it all these years. While the 34" is not cheap the years of enjoyment you''ll get from it make it worthwhile and cost-effective. My experience with high end Dell monitors has been good. 

Watch for the sale pricing as it's happened at least once before I bought mine and I didn't act quick enough the first time.

I have it plugged into a 17" MSI GT72 laptop - I7-6820, nvida 4 gig 980m....etc. Works great.

Thinking of changing my old LG to Dell.

My sim is P3D, video card is NVIDIA760.

I found two models which i'm particularly interested

1. Dell Ultrasharp 29 Ultrawide U2913WM

2. Dell Ultrasharp 34 Curved Ultrawide U3415W

If it is just for simming a 40" or larger 4K TV is going to be better value and more immersive.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.