Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Some problems on "final"

Hi,

1/During final approach at EGSC Rw23 I had not the possibility to acknowledge (say it function) :

Me : "Lancair One Victor Bravo on Final for Full Stop;"

P2Atc : "State Change to: ClearedToLand
Lancair One Victor Bravo Whinds are One Five Zero at Seven knots  Cleared to Land Runway Two Three Radar Contact.  Altimeter is Two Niner Niner Seven
NextWpt: D04
NextWpt: RW23
"

a- P2Atc has not generated any response for me. So, impossible to acknowledge...

b- No big deal but a typo with "Whinds"

2/After land I was not contacted by the tower to switch to ground control.

3/I contacted ground control myself to request taxi to park. Ground control answered me that there were no general aviation park or gate at this airport. It's not thruth of course.

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks for the report Richard.

I fixed the bug causing the lack of a SayIt response.

the Whinds instead of Winds is intentional.  Many of the voices pronounce Winds with a long "I" like " I wind my watch", so I have to misspell it to get it to pronounce correctly.

After landing and clearing the runway, you must tell tower you are "Clear of Active" so tower will give you over to Ground. 

The lack of GA parking is based on the data from the original FSX which may be incorrect.  Unfortunately, AIRAC data does not include these updates and we don't read scenery data yet, so sometimes the taxi information is wrong.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks for the report Richard.

I fixed the bug causing the lack of a SayIt response.

the Whinds instead of Winds is intentional. Many of the voices pronounce Winds with a long "I" like " I wind my watch", so I have to misspell it to get it to pronounce correctly.

After landing and clearing the runway, you must tell tower you are "Clear of Active" so tower will give you over to Ground.

The lack of GA parking is based on the data from the original FSX which may be incorrect. Unfortunately, AIRAC data does not include these updates and we don't read scenery data yet, so sometimes the taxi information is wrong.

Thanks again,

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your answer

"After landing and clearing the runway, you must tell tower you are "Clear of Active" so tower will give you over to Ground."

I had not this option (say it). I guess because the tower did not contacted me after landing.

"The lack of GA parking is based on the data from the original FSX which may be incorrect. Unfortunately, AIRAC data does not include these updates and we don't read scenery data yet, so sometimes the taxi information is wrong."

In this case for example P2Atc could just say "Park to General Aviation Parking" or "Park to Gate". No big deal btw :smile:

An other problem I had on an other flight (I can open a new topic if you prefer) :

a- P2Atc frozen during the flight. It's frozen when I clicked on "Lo" Ifr EnRoute Map, I was in Rlf Map Mode. Forced to exit with the Window Task Manager.

Anyway I reloaded P2Atc and continued/resumed the flight. I wanted to contact a Center but impossible to find any Center frequency !? So, I requested to the nearest approach control to give me the Center frequency. I had no answer. However after a moment the Approach Control vectored me successfully to an Ils approach but vectoring began far away of my destination airport (+-100knt)

b- During final approach I had not the possibility again to acknowledge the clear to land instruction.

"Lancair One Victor Bravo Whinds are One Six Zero at One Five knots Cleared to Land Runway One Two Radar Contact.

State Change to: LandingRoll"

After this sentence I have no option to answer/acknowledge.

c- After landing Tower said : "Lancair One Victor Bravo exit runway when able." This time I had the "~Clear of Active Lancair One Victor Bravo" option. Great...

d- At this airport EGPK (Prestwick) there is not Ground Control. It's ok, I requested taxi to park/gate to the Tower. She answered me : "Lancair One Victor BravoContact NETHERTHORPE TOWER on One Two Three Point Two Eight for taxi clearance." !?

Why not...the problem is that the 123.28 frequency is not possible on the radio (*.28).

Thank you again for your great support !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Thanks for the additional info.

Fixing the one bug should clear most of this up.

a-On  the freeze when you clicked on Lo IFR was likely due to the large amount of data that needed to be processed to display that view.  It should render in a matter of seconds, but if other  things are going on, it could take longer.

Once you killed P2A, it had little hope of figuring out where it was.  Good that it gave you vectors to an ILS.

b-This should be fixed in the next update.

c-This should be fixed when b above is fixed.  The "Clear of Active" phrase is available in the SayIt menu as a Report-PatternLocation.  But again, this should be fixed.

d-I don't know why you were told to contact a different Airport tower.  I think it is probably because of the shutdown and the Approach control you selected was for that airport.  The shutdown is probably to blame.  I did find a problem with the frequency for EGNF in the database.  I put some code in to check for this problem and it should display properly after  the next update.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks for the additional info.

Fixing the one bug should clear most of this up.

a-On  the freeze when you clicked on Lo IFR was likely due to the large amount of data that needed to be processed to display that view.  It should render in a matter of seconds, but if other  things are going on, it could take longer.

Once you killed P2A, it had little hope of figuring out where it was.  Good that it gave you vectors to an ILS.

b-This should be fixed in the next update.

c-This should be fixed when b above is fixed.  The "Clear of Active" phrase is available in the SayIt menu as a Report-PatternLocation.  But again, this should be fixed.

d-I don't know why you were told to contact a different Airport tower.  I think it is probably because of the shutdown and the Approach control you selected was for that airport.  The shutdown is probably to blame.  I did find a problem with the frequency for EGNF in the database.  I put some code in to check for this problem and it should display properly after  the next update.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks again Dave,

a- You say that it's impossible to join a cruising flight ? I was not aware...

In my case it seems it was ok (except for final vector too early).

After Validated and Filed the Fp then contacted Approach or Tower to ask a "Ready to copy Ifr" request, P2Atc continued his job near perfectly.

The only thing missing was the Center Control frequency...Why ?

"Once you killed P2A, it had little hope of figuring out where it was."

Please, do you think it would be possible to add this feature ? Namely the possibility for P2Atc to join a saved flight at any time, any place of this same flight...?

b, c and d : Thanks a lot !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

a-It depends on where you are when you reconnect.  P2A uses event triggers based on location and time to make things happen.  When you start in the middle of a flight it doesn't know where you are relative to those events.  If you contact Approach control at the correct airport and request vectors to an approach, for example, it will likely be able to finish the flight.

Because of a lack of real Center Frequencies/coverage data, P2A has to create Center controllers dynamically.  Therefore, unless you just happen to be in an area defined in the data with a Center controller (very rare) there will be none listed.

It would be much more than just a feature to be able to pick up in the middle of a flight.  That is not on the near term horizon as there are more important issues to be fixed first.  It may make the list in the future. 

In fact, as you note, in most cases you can pick up during the Enroute portion of a flight if you are not too close to the destination airport.  Just be sure to have the right Flight Plan loaded AND FILED and then try and get a Center Frequency from the nearest Approach Control.  If you then do a standard check-in "Beech 1VB with you at FL 210"  then you will likely be able to pick up and have a normal flight.  FILING the flight plan first is key.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks for your explanations Dave. Understood...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier