Sign in to follow this  
MBaclawski

Weather Radar Mod for WX Advantage Radar

Hi Guys,  it's kinda Crude and you have to make your adjustments in the 2D panel but at least it shows up in the VC, Install as Usual and then replace your [Vcockpit02] with this :       Back up your Original !!!!!!!!!

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm = 512,512
visible = 0
pixel_size = 512,512
texture = $Panel_2
gauge00 = MFD640_DO228!MFD640_config,  0, 0,   1,  1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,                           45,40,420,322
//gauge01 = MFD640_DO228!MFD640,             0,  0, 512,397
gauge02 = MFD640_DO228!ToggleCARG500,     0, 0, 512,30
gauge03 = GAUGEDO228!Gauge_UPDATE_DIG,     0,  0,   1,   1
gauge04 = CarSound_DO228!CarSound,          2,2,5,5
gauge05 = DO228_100!GPS_WX,           0,0,1,1

Should look just like this::

Screen%20Shot%2009-11-16%20at%2008_Fotor

I'm really enjoying this Plane everything works for me using my Saitek panels.

Enjoy !!      mb

Nice mod! I have a problem, I used the milviz radar as a window, I made the mod in the vc and the radar is not working now, and the 2d window of the radar is a black square (like no gauge) any idea?

Where does the data for the weather radar come from??

Our weather radar reads precipitation data directly from within FSX / P3D. It even works with default weather, if you are not using any weather engine. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I could only imagine that if the 2D panel  is black the Gauge isn't installed correctly, try re-installing the gauge and see if that fixes it.

Ok its the Milviz Radar, ok so i have to buy that.

It would be good to have GTN where the wx radar is and the wx radar flat where the gps was.

Thanks.

I Have the same problem

Nice mod! I have a problem, I used the milviz radar as a window, I made the mod in the vc and the radar is not working now, and the 2d window of the radar is a black square (like no gauge) any idea?

Hi Guys, it's kinda Crude and you have to make your adjustments in the 2D panel but at least it shows up in the VC, Install as Usual and then replace your [Vcockpit02] with this : Back up your Original !!!!!!!!!

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm = 512,512
visible = 0
pixel_size = 512,512
texture = $Panel_2
gauge00 = MFD640_DO228!MFD640_config, 0, 0, 1, 1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX, 45,40,420,322
//gauge01 = MFD640_DO228!MFD640, 0, 0, 512,397
gauge02 = MFD640_DO228!ToggleCARG500, 0, 0, 512,30
gauge03 = GAUGEDO228!Gauge_UPDATE_DIG, 0, 0, 1, 1
gauge04 = CarSound_DO228!CarSound, 2,2,5,5
gauge05 = DO228_100!GPS_WX, 0,0,1,1

Hi, Marty, thanks so much. Very useful WX radar panel mod for the excellent Do228.

You can always modify your windowsXX numbering sequence for the panels in 2D to make the WX 2D to function with a combination of ######+N (where N is the Windows number), to operate the WX radar from the 2D without the need to go to the Instruments menu. I've modified my panel.CFG and it looks like this now (in addition to the VC panel mod in vcockpit02 as you originally indicated):

[Window Titles]
Window00 = MFD640
Window01 = AUTOPILOT
Window02 = TOGGLE_CONTROL
Window03 = INFO
Window04 = ENGINE SETUP
Window05 = START
Window06 = Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY
Window07 = Flight1 GTN Stack - DO NOT MODIFY
Window08 = WX Advantage Radar   <--- Works now with Shift+9 keyboard combination in 2D
Window09 = Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U2 - DO NOT MODIFY

It's also noted that by "eliminating" the default Carenado PFD, you can always save some extra FPS, due to the fact that such PFD is a serious FPS killer in my opinion.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

These mods are for the panel modified by the GTN installation, of course.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I managed to place the Rex/Milviz WX Advantage Radar in lieu of the GTN Unit 1, however problems seem to be greater than benefits at the moment.

1. First, obviously the gauge is only visible in 3D, all actions need to be taken in 2D, which is expected (only Carenado can edit the 3D model in order to fit the Rex/Milviz gauge).
  2. The size of the GTN Unit 1 bezel is far from fitting that of the weather gauge. A tried several adjustments, but I am afraid there is no manual tweaking that will ever fit a rectangular gauge into a square bezel. What you see is the less worse solution I found.
  3. Based on my experience, the dual GTN configuration is a frame killer on this plane (not the GTN itself, whose footprint on VAS is negligible in other aircraft). As I explained in another thread, the performance is far worse than with the default one with GNS430 and MFD640. Things do not seem to improve much replacing the GTN Unit 1 with the weather radar.

I am still working on it. I can share this mod eventually, if anyone really wants it, however as it is I do not recommend it.

yDwsaxw.jpg

NKUEEr6.jpg

Ofy5q23.jpg

0rRA5kR.jpg

FqFDd5b.jpg

Should look just like this::

Great mod, thanks a lot!

However I have a slight problem with the alignment of the radar, when in use. It is off center and looks like that:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/de-de/#B0UJEsNWnJ0nAzh

Unfortunately I have now idea how to modify the panel.cfg.

Could it have to do that I am using the normal, non-GTN, version of the DO228

Regards, Perry

Could it have to do that I am using the normal, non-GTN, version of the DO228

No. I am using the GNS530 configuration, that it the default model (with the only difference that I replaced the default GNS 530 gauge with the new gauge by Flight1) and the WX radar gauge looks exactly as in MBaclawski's post within my VC.

Are you sure you correctly copied these lines from post 1?

gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,                           45,40,420,322

//gauge01 = MFD640_DO228!MFD640,             0,  0, 512,397

What you are doing with this action is simply replacing the MFD 640 gauge with the Rex/Milviz WX Advantage radar. The MFD 640 is still available in 2D by hitting Shift+1, unless you remove the appropriate window, of course. Note that the WX radar is only visible in 3D. To push buttons and adjust settings, you have to call the appropriate window in 2D.

Are you sure you correctly copied these lines from post 1?

Thanks for your replay. That was easy ;) I noticed that in my panel.cfg the empty spaces where replaced with question marks and added above mod one more time.

An other question concerning the WX Advantage radar in general: So far I always have to go through the vehicle/instruments menu to select the 2D pop-up. Is it possible to assign a key, like shift plus x for it to pop-up.

Regards, Perry

Thanks for your replay. That was easy ;) I noticed that in my panel.cfg the empty spaces where replaced with question marks and added above mod one more time.

An other question concerning the WX Advantage radar in general: So far I always have to go through the vehicle/instruments menu to select the 2D pop-up. Is it possible to assign a key, like shift plus x for it to pop-up.

Of course, it is. All you need is to assign a window to the  WX Advantage Radar in the declaration and then an appropriate window definition. For example, I have the WX radar assigned to

Window08.

Just use the Gauge Management Tool that comes with the WX Advantage Radar. It does all that for you.