Sign in to follow this  
nopatio

P3D problems after update.

Hi there.

I am getting very frustrated, because after updating P3D to V3,5, all of my add-on planes are non functional, they are there, but dont work, no electricity, no knobs or anything working in the cockpit. :wub:

I made a full download from LM, uninstalled my "old" version, cleaned the registry, restarted my pc and run the installer, pointing to the same location as before, on my E drive. All the default planes are working fine, but none of the add-ons!!

Hope someone can help,

best regards

Bjarne Otto

GeForce GTX 780

Intel i7 CPU

1600 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Hi there.

I am getting very frustrated, because after updating P3D to V3,5, all of my add-on planes are non functional, they are there, but dont work, no electricity, no knobs or anything working in the cockpit. :wub:

I made a full download from LM, uninstalled my "old" version, cleaned the registry, restarted my pc and run the installer, pointing to the same location as before, on my E drive. All the default planes are working fine, but none of the add-ons!!

Hope someone can help,

best regards

Bjarne Otto

GeForce GTX 780

Intel i7 CPU

1600 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro

I installed 3.3 a few weeks after it was released, and had problems with three of my most often used add ons,.  I rolled back to 3.2, and all problems instantly were cured. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Bjarne,

Looks like the full uninstall/reinstall has broken links between the sim and your various Addons. Like you, I decided yesterday to update to 3.3.5 and on first run Prepar3D crashed without getting as far as the activation window. Fortunately there was enough info provided to point me in the direction of FSLabs Spotlights. Disabling the entries in DLL.XML got me going and subsequently a visit to their website for a compatible update got the module working again.

I would uninstall all the affected Addons, check for any updates and then reinstall each one at a time checking all is well as you progress. Much quicker in the long run than trying to troubleshoot this issue. However, the fact that they are all affected suggests there may be a common cause. That may simply be incompatibility with version 3.3.5. This version has been out for some time now so it is likely all your affected Addons will have updates available for download by now.

BTW, I only updated the 'Client' and 'Content' components of the 3.3.5 update from LM. Nothing was updated in the 'Scenery' component so was not required. So, problems can and do arise using either method.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your advise, I tried to reinstall A2A Cessna 182, but it did not make any difference, no electricity, no start of engine.

I am wondering, what, or where is it, that connect our add-on planes with the simulator? I was looking in the add-ons.cgf file, and it is absolut empty! It is the only cgf.file that have no content. Is that the reason? I have around 25 add-on planes.

Cheers

Bjarne

Hi Mike

Thanks for your advise, I tried to reinstall A2A Cessna 182, but it did not make any difference, no electricity, no start of engine.

I am wondering, what, or where is it, that connect our add-on planes with the simulator? I was looking in the add-ons.cgf file, and it is absolut empty! It is the only cgf.file that have no content. Is that the reason? I have around 25 add-on planes.

Cheers

Bjarne

If you changed P3D, and reinstalled A2A aircraft, you have to delete the update folder in A2A, otherwise it will think it is already updated, and the update will not work. Look in P3D/A2A/your aircraft/ Update_P3D and delete the folder ( there is only one file in that folder, but just delete the folder) . Then run the update. Do that for each aircraft before you run the updater, and then it will update all of them. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310