Sign in to follow this  
Ivar Dozon

Can't complete a flight without a CTD..

...I did say, if you still have a faulty RAM chip, and you only rearranged the locations of the RAM then you still have the fault.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...I did say, if you still have a faulty RAM chip, and you only rearranged the locations of the RAM then you still have the fault.

Faulty RAM ship, please explain..

Sorry, ignore what I said, I understand..

Anyhow, do you simply mean the solution is to REMOVE one of the RAM ships since one of the is causing problems?

Is the only way to get rid of this problem by DOWNGRADING my system??

No. The reason to swap the ram chips around is to see if the fault clears or changes. Meaning it rearranges the way the memory is used, possibly moving the faulty ram above that ram used for normal operations. Even so can still be a problem when extra memory is used in the system than normal. In those case the ram would need to be replaced unless you got enough to go by if you remove one. Some motherboard's require them in pairs so you cannot just remove one on those mb's. Sometimes after moving stuff around the fault clears when in these situations it could simply be a tarnished connection.

Ok, so i think I might have a possible solution.

I recently bought a new video card, GTX 750Ti, which comes with a huge performance upgrade (16fps to 200 fps on some games). Anyways, I've noticed that the video card is getting very hot when flying..

The computers response to the "overheating", is the forced stop of Prepar3D, and then starting the fan to cool down the video card.

Therefore, I am going to buy a GPU cooler, really hope it helps :)

Can't hurt. :)

I recently bought a new video card, GTX 750Ti, which comes with a huge performance upgrade (16fps to 200 fps on some games). Anyways, I've noticed that the video card is getting very hot when flying..
The computers response to the "overheating", is the forced stop of Prepar3D, and then starting the fan to cool down the video card.

Never heard of that.  Wouldn't you have to have your overclock set to max (like 4.7GHz)(well very high), your video card overclocked, and your settings set to max for that to happen?  I think you need to take your computer to a computer expert and have him/her check it out.  When you video card is overheating, that means something is definitely amiss.  At least you know it is not your RAM!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Never heard of that.  Wouldn't you have to have your overclock set to max (like 4.7GHz)(well very high), your video card overclocked, and your settings set to max for that to happen?  I think you need to take your computer to a computer expert and have him/her check it out.  When you video card is overheating, that means something is definitely amiss.  At least you know it is not your RAM!

Best regards,

Jim

I fixed the problem, It's not overheating anymore. Anyways, as I said later, the sim still crashes.

I'm uninstalling P3D now, for a really fresh restart.

Hope that will fix the problem..

That's fast!  I would suspect you had an anti-virus or anti-malware program running when you did the install.  Even Windows Defender should be set not to scan the installation.  You also need Windows User Access Controls disabled.

If you just reinstalled P3D without uninstalling it and making sure the hidden folders were removed, then this could have caused the crash as your old folder had the dll.xml in it and a reinstall of P3D does not get rid of that file.  So, when you started P3D with the new installation, the program loaded the modules in the dll.xml and couldn't find those modules.  Result - crash!!

I would also recommend you run the Windows Repair utility at the following link - http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html.  I had some issues with my Windows 7 today and this utility repaired the issues and it didn't hurt me one bit.  It works for Windows 7, 8, or 10.  The utility was developed by people who helped develop the Windows OS.  This program is freeware but I bought their pro version.  You do not need to as it is not needed to do the repairs.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That's fast!  I would suspect you had an anti-virus or anti-malware program running when you did the install.  Even Windows Defender should be set not to scan the installation.  You also need Windows User Access Controls disabled.

If you just reinstalled P3D without uninstalling it and making sure the hidden folders were removed, then this could have caused the crash as your old folder had the dll.xml in it and a reinstall of P3D does not get rid of that file.  So, when you started P3D with the new installation, the program loaded the modules in the dll.xml and couldn't find those modules.  Result - crash!!

I would also recommend you run the Windows Repair utility at the following link - http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html.  I had some issues with my Windows 7 today and this utility repaired the issues and it didn't hurt me one bit.  It works for Windows 7, 8, or 10.  The utility was developed by people who helped develop the Windows OS.  This program is freeware but I bought their pro version.  You do not need to as it is not needed to do the repairs.

Best regards,

Jim

I did remove everything on the computer related to P3D..

I just felt done with Prepar, I'm "downgrading" myself to FSX again, atleast no crashes over there...

I just felt done with Prepar, I'm "downgrading" myself to FSX again, atleast no crashes over there...

Probably the best.  Many people have problems with it.  So far I've been very lucky and only had a couple of crashes that I was able to figure out and fix. 

Submit News to AVSIM

Probably the best.  Many people have problems with it.  So far I've been very lucky and only had a couple of crashes that I was able to figure out and fix. 

Haha, now I acually switched back to P3D, FSX was horrible, bad frames, and looking nothing else than ######.

Upgraded to P3D v3.3, until now it feels very smooth and no crashes...

My solution to the problem is to never exit the P3D window when running a flight.

Just a little annoying but so glad that the problem is solved.

Thank you all for your engagement in helping me out, thanks alot!

Please close this thread.

//Ivar