Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Looking for a Good C172 or C182

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

I don't know how you can be sure that a preflight check would have revealed the engine problems on take off. 

That said, this is not the first time I heard about pilots (and witnessed a few myself)  trying to take off with an engine that is clearly not developing full power. 

The kind of person that blows off a preflight is the same type that rushes through a runup and mag check, if they do it at all. Just sloppy, lazy, piloting. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've always considered the run-up and mag check to be a part of pre-flighting, even if it's done right at the hold short.

Plus he should have reject the TO.  Get-up-there-itis can be as deadly as get-down-there-itis.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 9/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, jimcarrel said:

I don't understand the few comments about too much time to start flying

For me, getting it started is half the fun. Especially if it's a long process. Once you're flying there's a lot less to do unless something's going wrong or you're in something old that requires constant input.

I recently picked up A2A's Connie. Half the fun of that thing is getting all 4 turning. There are lots of ways to screw it up. If your screwup is mild, the engine might not start. If you really screw up, you might set the engine on fire and then the crew gets mad at you.

What do you all recommend for a good payware 172/182 w/ a G1000 VC...?

I know there’s a Carendo and a Flight One but are there any others?

Hows the flight model of the above 2 and can either load a FP saved from the sim created in the default IFR flight planning menu?

Really interested in a G1000 equipped 172/182 for my hanger right now!

Thanks!

Chris Camp

On 9/10/2019 at 5:11 PM, scottb613 said:

the A2A GA offerings - they are the PMDG of the GA world

Hi Scott,

Or is it PDMG that is the A2A of the airliner world? 😁

- TONY -