Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Looking for a Good C172 or C182

Can you just jump in and GO w the A2A 172 or do you have to do the whole obligatory walk around and preflight inspection first?

Also, can the wear and tear and maintenance function be disabled?

Not trying to be a killjoy for the aforementioned great additional functions but sometimes I just want to jump in sim and get right into practicing touch and go’s....

Thanks!

Chris Camp

@Kilo60

Hi Chris,

I've owned (4) A2A GA Aircraft for years - I've never done the preflight checks - I do enough RW walk arounds - I don't want to be bothered with them in the sim...

You can turn off the wear and tear in an A2A menu - but I believe you have to do it on each start... 99% of the time - I just open the Hangar menu - click "Repair All" before starting the flight - then at least I know I'm starting with a clean slate...

I'd start with the Skylane - I don't have the Skyhawk...

You really can't go wrong with the A2A GA offerings - they are the PMDG of the GA world - bring on the Aerostar...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

My saitek panels work with a2a but I use spad.next. I admit it isn’t the easiest to set up.

Pilot friend of mine is in a flying club that has a C 182. He tried my A2A C182 on my sim, and after doing some touch and goes with it, he said " Fantastic".....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

@Kilo60

Hi Chris,

I've owned (4) A2A GA Aircraft for years - I've never done the preflight checks - I do enough RW walk arounds - I don't want to be bothered with them in the sim...

You can turn off the wear and tear in an A2A menu - but I believe you have to do it on each start... 99% of the time - I just open the Hangar menu - click "Repair All" before starting the flight - then at least I know I'm starting with a clean slate...

I'd start with the Skylane - I don't have the Skyhawk...

You really can't go wrong with the A2A GA offerings - they are the PMDG of the GA world - bring on the Aerostar...

Regards,
Scott

Sounds great!

Thanks Scott!

Chris Camp

Spad.next has profiles for all A2A aircraft you can just implement with very little work.  Some are better than others, and some may need a little tweak here and there, but thanks to those who took the time to build and share those profiles which take a lot of work out of it.

I fly 172's/182's and I find A2A are overly sensitive. I'm sure it's on my end, but I've never found a sensitivity setting that seems right. Plus it's annoying having to mess with the settings whenever I want to load up the 172.

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

8 hours ago, pvupilot said:

I fly 172's/182's and I find A2A are overly sensitive. I'm sure it's on my end, but I've never found a sensitivity setting that seems right. Plus it's annoying having to mess with the settings whenever I want to load up the 172.

Use FSUIPC to calibrate your controls. Adjust the axis curve to get the sensitivity you want for each aircraft, Mine feels exactly like the real aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't understand the few comments about too much time to start flying or having to wast time adjusting settings to fly the A2A 172. If in a hurry you can just load the plane, hit shft-3 and click "auto-start" (of course you will have to reduce fuel after starting in order to prevent spark plug fouling , but hey, you got to do something) and after landing you can hit shft-3 and click on "cold and dark". If that is too much hassle, I have no other suggestions.

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Not only that, but you can select the alternate spark plugs, and reduce the chance of fouling from a rich idle.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 9/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, jimcarrel said:

I don't understand the few comments about too much time to start flying or having to wast time adjusting settings to fly the A2A 172. If in a hurry you can just load the plane, hit shft-3 and click "auto-start" (of course you will have to reduce fuel after starting in order to prevent spark plug fouling , but hey, you got to do something) and after landing you can hit shft-3 and click on "cold and dark". If that is too much hassle, I have no other suggestions.

I was worried about that before I purchased A2A C182. Now I knoe better. People who say it takes too much time don´t know this wonderful product, perhaps they don´t even own it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiki said:

I was worried about that before I purchased A2A C182. Now I knoe better. People who say it takes too much time don´t know this wonderful product, perhaps they don´t even own it.

I knew a real pilot that used to fly out of the same airport I flew out of in South Florida. When he would fly with me, I insisted that even if we had just landed and grabbed a burger, when we went back out to the aircraft, we ran through a preflight again. Last I heard about him, after I moved from the area, was he crashed on takeoff out of the same airport and he and his two passengers were killed in the fire and explosion as his aircraft plowed into a building off the departure end of the runway. Witnesses said they heard his engine sputtering as he ran down the runway prior to rotating. I preflight every time, sim or real life. Bad habits are hard to break. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Witnesses said they heard his engine sputtering as he ran down the runway prior to rotating. I preflight every time, sim or real life. Bad habits are hard to break. 

I don't know how you can be sure that a preflight check would have revealed the engine problems on take off. 

That said, this is not the first time I heard about pilots (and witnessed a few myself)  trying to take off with an engine that is clearly not developing full power.