Sign in to follow this  
Tango777

Windows 10 Anniversary update

I have been reading the forums and have only stumbled across a few topics having to do with Windows 10 Anniversary update.

My computer downloaded the VERY LENGTHY Win 10 updates and installed which is what took like an eternity after it finally completed. And I have a fast rig that used to load complex software in just seconds, but thanks to this Anniversary update, not any more.

Windows asked me to reboot just as before in prior Win 10 updates, but this update changed a ton of things in very big ways it seems. I read bad reviews about what MS did for this update and I read some good things, unfortunately I read the reviews after the update not knowing the update was a complete "SP" for Win 10. Before the Anniversary update I just thought it was a routine Win update that had to do with security updates for Office.

I notice now that Windows boot time from powering computer on is slower, and computer reboot time is almost 3 times as slower than rebooting was before.

After the update I defragged the hdd with Defraggler but that didn't make any difference in performance that I can tell.

My Saitek Pro Flight yoke is now all of a sudden not recognized, I plug it in and I hear the little USB plug in noise that Win 10 always makes when inserting a USB device. But when I plug it in it does not turn on nor its lights on the yoke or throttle quadrant, reinstalled the driver and software but nothing did the trick there either. If I boot the computer with the yoke plugged in the lights and clock screen do stay turned on but the clock remains at 00.00. When the driver installer asks me to plug in the yoke I do so, Win makes its little noise just as always when plugging any USB peripheral device into the computer but the installer does not recognize the yoke.

If I plug the yoke into the computer after Win 10 boots up, the sound is made by Win 10 but nothing on the yoke lights up.

The Saitek rudder pedals work like new after reinstalling the driver after the Win Anniversary update but the Pro Flight yoke is just dead.

Just curious if anyone has had any problems that I have or do have that I do not know that I might have...

I submitted a support ticket to Saitek last week but they have been quiet so far which is weird because in the past they have responded no later within a 24 hour period. Hopefully I am not the only person contacting them with this problem.

The Saitek rudder pedals and a non Saitek joystick work perfectly in both versions of DCS World.

Just curious if anyone has had any other problems that I don't have or don't know that I have???

brandon garcia

All working perfectly for me. I do not have Saitek, but my CHProducts pedals & yoke, as well as a generic joystick work perfectly as well.

I'm using FSuipc for all calibration as control.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

All working perfectly for me. I do not have Saitek, but my CHProducts pedals & yoke, as well as a generic joystick work perfectly as well.

I'm using FSuipc for all calibration as control.

Okay. Thanks for the feedback.

brandon garcia

Same here, no issues I have Saitek yoke, paddles, switches/ goglight modules and all good, I didn't see any difference on booting time but as I use a Raid Controller Card my boot time takes longer anyway.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I neglected Win 10  until it was supposed to be too late to switch. I then read on PMDG's forum that folks had no issues. At some time in the past I downloaded  4 Win 10 ISO's using two drives and the same computer. FSX was OK but not great, FSX and FSX-SE installed side by side ran somewhat better. I got a new Sandisk Extreme Pro 490 GB SSD. I created an Executable for one of the ISO platters. I installed Win10 on it, it went on flawlessly. I did read and saw on youtube how many Simmers who had more knowledge than I, IMHO, were claiming dovetail made some memory handling and VAS improvements. I decided to give FSX Steam Edition a try by itself, (no boxed version of FSX which I own).  Win 10 alone on the SSD booted like a bat out of hell! So I installed FSX Steam alone after deleting the appropriate registry keys pertaining to MS-FSX AND FSX-SE. After Installing the folders are named C:\FSX , ( not FSX-SE). Even after Installing in C:\Program Files (x86). it places a file C:\ FSX on the root of C: drive. The rest are in PG Files-steam-steamapps-common-FSX.

After all this I hope I'm not boring. The fact of the matter is I have never enjoyed my PMDG aircrafts as I do know. I was amazed to find myself sitting at JFK getting 28 FPS.  55+ at cruise altitude!

Not telling anyone they will have the same result but I hope you do. I installed Steams ASN and Soft Clouds, no no apparent reduction in frames. The VAS situation is vastly improved in IMHO. When the anniversary update came, and it did take a long time, I found it booted even faster.

One other thing happened. My daughter tripped,(shut off a breaker) and killed my power while enroute to KBGR from KMCO. My office went completely dark, the PSU was beeping like crazy, shut it off. After restoring power I turned powered up the PSU and rebooted and found myself exactly where I was when it went down? No CTD when losing power??? I could not believe my eyes.

I always found that shutting down any virus apps, Windows Defender etc., was the way to go when installing stuff. Turn User Control Off. After you finish installing set up exclusions in your virus software AND Windows defender to not interfere with online sim connect stuff.

My C&H yoke and rudder pedals work as always .